Roadie Chat

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
Going to stay away from the hookers and blow, and focus more on the actual gear in this installment of roadie chat. I'm hoping that our boys shawndavid and shalimar stop by to help us out as we discuss the Behringer XENYX 1202FX and what you should couple it with for a really basic front of house setup for a small group of gigging musicians dabbling in electrified performance.

Which is to say that my Dad picked one of these bad boys up at guitar center, and I'm wondering if he's ok just plugging the output into a guitar amp. I'm also wondering what kind of outlay he's looking at if he decides to instead run it into a basic amp and a pair of speakers. They're usually about a six piece playing irish music, so we're probably looking at mostly picking up vocals or unamplified instruments (violin, squeeze box, mandolin) to mix in with separately amped guitars and bass.

He's thinking more along the lines of running it into his guitar amp, since that's what he was doing but was having a bit of trouble mixing them. However, I agree in principle that either powered cabinets or an amp and unpowered cabinets would be nice, but those are way to expensive for him.

they're not real dj's, they just dress like black people and play premade mixes on the bar's sound system.

I'M LOOKIN AT YOU SHALIMAR, PROVE ME WRONG!

i thought you had a good story about your last road trip with a CB.

CAAAAAANDY CAAAAANE. shit's freaky. maybe 'cause we have a CB and i like it. :hides:

oooo we're friends with a boat cop...that's fun. :D
the most fun you can have on VHF is listening to two guys chat about fishing on channel 16, then hearing the coast guard come on and tear a strip off them for idle chatter on a reserved channel.

they're not real dj's, they just dress like black people and play premade mixes on the bar's sound system.

I'M LOOKIN AT YOU SHALIMAR, PROVE ME WRONG!

wow.. it's like THAT?

come on down and see the shalimar show live any time you want sir.

i regrettably am not much of a techie and am not much help.. :(