Road tripping

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,371
My current plan is to save up money and in summer of 2011 to go to the states, buy a car and drive round tons of it. Just been studying a map and here is my current thought, I'd ilke you to tell me if there is anywhere else I should go in your opinion and also if there are places I should miss out.

Start off at Florida, go upwards through Georgia, S/N Carolina, through Virginia up to Pennsylvania to NY, maybe hop across to Ontario and drive a bit. Back down through Ohio, Tennessee (don't bother really stopping in Alabama or Mississippi), hang out in Louisiana and Texas, maybe hop down to Mexico and back up to New Mexico, Through AZ to CA, go up Oregon to WA and maybe hop back to across the border to BC.

Sound good, do some of these states sound boring as hell or what? Do any of you fancy leaving your wives/kids/jobs for a while and coming along with me? :lol:

:heart:

That would be a blast, but I have the same hangups regarding money and whatnot.

That's also a very ambitious plan. You know the US is big, right? That trip would take six months if you weren't just balls out driving most of the time.

That would be a blast, but I have the same hangups regarding money and whatnot.

That's also a very ambitious plan. You know the US is big, right? That trip would take six months if you weren't just balls out driving most of the time.

6 months for real? I was aiming for like 4 months. Would it be achievable if I just spend like 3/4 days in the more interesting states?

Ya the US is fucking huge compared to England. Is Texas bigger than England? :fly:

it would be fun seeing sooo much. Put down Yellowstone park and Vegas too.

Ya the US is fucking huge compared to England. Is Texas bigger than England? :fly:

it would be fun seeing sooo much. Put down Yellowstone park and Vegas too.

Texas must like 5 times the size of England, but I'm going on the premise that to get from one side of England to another it takes like 4/5hours.

I forgot Vegas, but I suppose that being the tailend of the trip it would depend on money. Which state is Yellowstone in?

Texas must like 5 times the size of England, but I'm going on the premise that to get from one side of England to another it takes like 4/5hours.

I forgot Vegas, but I suppose that being the tailend of the trip it would depend on money. Which state is Yellowstone in?
your best bet is to go on google maps and get directions from a start point to an end point, then start dragging the route so it runs through all the places you want to stop in between. that'll give you a rough estimate of straight driving time. if you multiply that by five or six (one for sleeping, four or five for "doing stuff") you'll have a rough estimate of total trip time.