Halp Road Trip ideas

How about these stops? thoughts? Liam, wanna go out for a drink while I am in the area?

Sat, Apr 16 New Orleans, LA
Sun, Apr 17 New Orleans, LA
Mon, Apr 18 Tampa, FL
Tue, Apr 19 Tampa, FL
Wed, Apr 20 Atlanta, GA
Thu, Apr 21 Lewisburg, WV
Fri, Apr 22 Baltimore, MD
Sat, Apr 23 New Hampshire
Sun, Apr 24 Ottawa, ON, Canada
Mon, Apr 25 Toronto, ON, Canada
Tue, Apr 26 Cleveland, OH
Wed, Apr 27 Cleveland, OH
Thu, Apr 28 Toledo, OH
Fri, Apr 29 Chicago, IL
Sat, Apr 30 Madison, WI
Sun, May 01 White Bear Lake, MN
Mon, May 02 White Bear Lake, MN
Tue, May 03 Des Moines, IA
Wed, May 04 St Louis, MO
Thu, May 05 St Louis, MO
Fri, May 06 Wichita, Kansas
Sat, May 07 Dallas, TX

no dbz sighting for me because my husband was being a cranky dick :(

I didn't know anyone was near that stretch and I needed a place to crash for the night. Is the city better to stay at?

i didnt think you had a reason to come this far west, figured you'd go from st. louis down 44 to dallas which is like ~10 hours versus taking i70 to i35 and down which is like forever. there a reason you going to wichita or is it just a place to spend the night?

i didnt think you had a reason to come this far west, figured you'd go from st. louis down 44 to dallas which is like ~10 hours versus taking i70 to i35 and down which is like forever. there a reason you going to wichita or is it just a place to spend the night?

Just a place to spend the night.

*normally* the first full weekend of may i'm in arkansas scuba diving (open up my dive shops cabin for the summer, make sure boat is in good working order, etc. like a 5 year running tradition).

this year might be different though, i'll let you know. i think you're taking the long route home, but if you insist, KC has better microbreweries than st. louis. all they have is that shitty euro-owned macrobrewery. :p

So I have a lot of vacation time I need to use up. Unfortunately chim doesn't have much time off to take. Also my mom's 60th birthday is this year as well as my 10 year college graduation reunion. What I was thinking was doing a road trip back home for both of those as well as a slight detour to Chicago to visit some friends (you too LilMs :fly: ).

Who all lives near this path?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5.517578&sspn=16.066008,26.938477&ie=UTF8&z=5

Any ideas? I am thinking about taking 2 weeks to do it. Maybe three.

UPDATE: Because of Chikken's brilliant observations, my route will be reversed and I have added some more stops and possible dates. Here's what I have planned so far:

UPDATE2:

New itinerary ideas. Chim is warming up on the idea of me heading out for that long.

Sat, Apr 16 New Orleans, LA
Sun, Apr 17 New Orleans, LA
Mon, Apr 18 Tampa, FL
Tue, Apr 19 Tampa, FL
Wed, Apr 20 Atlanta, GA
Thu, Apr 21 Lewisburg, WV
Fri, Apr 22 Baltimore, MD
Sat, Apr 23 New Hampshire
Sun, Apr 24 Ottawa, ON, Canada
Mon, Apr 25 Toronto, ON, Canada
Tue, Apr 26 Cleveland, OH
Wed, Apr 27 Cleveland, OH
Thu, Apr 28 Toledo, OH
Fri, Apr 29 Chicago, IL
Sat, Apr 30 Madison, WI
Sun, May 01 White Bear Lake, MN
Mon, May 02 White Bear Lake, MN
Tue, May 03 Des Moines, IA
Wed, May 04 St Louis, MO
Thu, May 05 St Louis, MO
Fri, May 06 Wichita, Kansas
Sat, May 07 Dallas, TX

Thoughts?

omg you're going to canada and i wont even be there?!!?!?!?!

make a right at the panama canal and head south... i'll be the beached whale on the pacific coast just south of ecuador.

Yes, how it works is you send gifts/offerings to the Valves, then IBWIP gets to rail you itb, and then if you have satisfied the gods sufficiently I will answer the door naked and give you beer.

So duke gets that automatically and I have been BEGGING for it for years? Hmph!

Tell you what. I'm a giver. You can take the ITB from IBWIP, and I'll settle for eileen answering the door naked with beer.

Sound fair? Sure as heck does to me!

Tell you what. I'm a giver. You can take the ITB from IBWIP, and I'll settle for eileen answering the door naked with beer.

Sound fair? Sure as heck does to me!

Dude, have you seen how much manmeat he's packing in those underoos?????

Deal. :drool: