Halp Road Trip ideas

Woohoo! We get a Friday night. Oh the drunken debauchery that will ensue is gonna throw you off your schedule. You won't be able to leave and go elsewhere. You are gonna be so sore. Of course you can stay with us any time you want to. We love you.

I was being sarcastic, Dave.

Seriously though, wouldn't a bunch of one-way plane tickets bet cheaper? And quicker. I love driving but even that circle would probably make me suicidal.

It would be about $105 per stop for a flight and two bags, which would be fun in it's own right, but I love car trips and I love my new car and I think it would be fun.

And I can pack more "collectible glassware" driving.

Woohoo! We get a Friday night. Oh the drunken debauchery that will ensue is gonna throw you off your schedule. You won't be able to leave and go elsewhere. You are gonna be so sore. Of course you can stay with us any time you want to. We love you.

:heart: If I am not greeted at the door by your naked body serving me a pint, I will be disappointed. :heart:

Gas is looking to be around $700 actually for the whole trip if I average 30mpg, which is not that hard in my car to do. I have never had a tank average under 25. Even at 25mpg with pricier gas ($3.50) it's still $816. Far cheaper than flying to each stop.

Gas is looking to be around $700 actually for the whole trip if I average 30mpg, which is not that hard in my car to do. I have never had a tank average under 25. Even at 25mpg with pricier gas ($3.50) it's still $816. Far cheaper than flying to each stop.

Add a few hundred (at least) to that for elevation and grade changes, city driving, etc. Err on the side of caution.

Add a few hundred (at least) to that for elevation and grade changes, city driving, etc. Err on the side of caution.

25mpg is a buffer. I get 33mpg on the freeway, but you are right, as always.

Last edited:
I only have couches to offer but you're welcome to them. we have a guest suite in the building as well that's only like $40 for the night I think. has a full kitchen, etc.

I only have couches to offer but you're welcome to them. we have a guest suite in the building as well that's only like $40 for the night I think. has a full kitchen, etc.

couch is fine :heart: I will buy you a cocktail, maybe something with an umbrella.