Ripped a wall out in my house

If you were sneaky you would have had undocumented workers do it for you and then just as they were finishing drop a call to ICE.

Its not much floor space, but it definitely makes the place look bigger.
And dormer window shining in is a plus too.
How do you plan to work the floor?

Work the floor? I'd need a bevy of ladies in here first. :fly:

There's composite wood look a like stuff in here now I put in a few years ago, I'll just use more if it for the new part. It's worked out really well.

Yeah, it isn't a lot of space but it makes a perfect spot for my modular desk deal, and makes a bunch more usable space in the room over all.

I would have no idea how to:

1) Determine if that was a load bearing wall
2) Figure out what can be brought down and what cant without hurting something
3) Other stuff

you learn that stuff by doing. ie: go help out a buddy do some drywall and you pick it up. build a deck, do some flooring, tiling, etc... it's just shit you pick up over time by doing it.

I'm actually pretty good at hanging drywall, making it look pretty before you paint and then painting it. I did it for a summer job in high school and off and on since then. It's kind of a side job of mine right now. Dude hired a laborer and painter for meself since I have have plans to vacation at least once a month for the next few months.

Last edited:
I'm actually pretty good at hanging drywall, making it look pretty before you paint and then painting it. I did it for a summer job in high school and off and on since then. It's kind of a side job of mine right now. Dude hired a laborer and painter for meself since I have have plans to vacation at least once a month for the next few months.

have ambien. will travel.

Nope, I know all about the steps to finish drywall. I just suck at it. Especially inside corners.

If you really really suck at drywall: find a cheapo orbital sander and use a lot of compound. It works, just use a facemask and like... be prepared for a lot of dust.

It's a practice thing, if you tore out all the drywall in your house and worked on it 12 hours a day; you too could forgo sanding entirely.

@above: fly is such a woman. o_O

edit: actually that's an insult to women. I mean my mom knows how to do this stuff.

Last edited: