Ripped a wall out in my house

Or I could pay someone else to do it :fly:

My dad is an electrician and does all sorts of home repair and can build practically anything and fix almost anything and he also pays for someone else to do his drywall. There are just some things that aren't worth trying to get right yourself and are worth paying other people to do.

If you really really suck at drywall: find a cheapo orbital sander and use a lot of compound. It works, just use a facemask and like... be prepared for a lot of dust.

It's a practice thing, if you tore out all the drywall in your house and worked on it 12 hours a day; you too could forgo sanding entirely.

@above: fly is such a woman. o_O

edit: actually that's an insult to women. I mean my mom knows how to do this stuff.

How'd that house or apartment or whatever it was turn out? bitch

How is the project coming along?

Not much doing right now. Next thing I have to do is the electrical and the voice/data/CATV cabling. That the v/d/c cable was already pulled for the wall I ripped out, so it got pulled back and will be re-run into the "new" wall. Plenty of slack on it to do so.

The electrical is also pretty easy. I had to install additional circuit in the room anyways because there was only one 15-map circuit to begin with, and with all the computer shit on plus the window A/C in the summer I kept tripping the breaker. So all I really have to do is install outlets in that "new" wall, and tie them into that circuit I installed, because my big desk will be going there. I'll probably do 5 total outlets so I don't have a billion power strips everywhere.

The drywall guys won't be here until the middle of next month so I've got plenty of time to do all that.

Last edited: