Ontopic RIP Thread

thanks.

so far, at least - it's not something to be taken for granted. There's a guy that used to play for the Ottawa Senators, took some time off to get his shit together a few years ago, came back, won an NHL award for perseverance, and was just arrested for Public Intoxication in Nashville.

Oldest olympic swimmer to win a gold (age 35) has a similar story, without the relapse I think

thanks.

so far, at least - it's not something to be taken for granted. There's a guy that used to play for the Ottawa Senators, took some time off to get his shit together a few years ago, came back, won an NHL award for perseverance, and was just arrested for Public Intoxication in Nashville.
There are at least six people I know that have died from opiates. Although I'm sure most of us have at least one story, if not (a lot) more.

• Sad
Reactions: Peppers
yesterday i got a message from a friend who advised me that former UF member “MIKEY” passed away a couple of weeks ago.

i know he was a controversial member here but i just wanted to share.

he had a lot of demons, he struggled with drugs and alcohol. his liver ultimately suffered the years of abuse.

Mikey brought me over to this forum from another place i knew him from like 100 years ago. So i’m grateful to him for introducing me to this dysfunctional family i love so much.
He was super funny but also an evil troll and that’s prob why he and i got along so great for so many years. last time i spoke to him was on FB a couple years ago.

bc097325444613855dfc9d5c3a390678.jpg

RIP Mikey
He lived in Cleveland? I remember when I came here Duke was convinced I was Mikey.

yesterday i got a message from a friend who advised me that former UF member “MIKEY” passed away a couple of weeks ago.

i know he was a controversial member here but i just wanted to share.

he had a lot of demons, he struggled with drugs and alcohol. his liver ultimately suffered the years of abuse.

Mikey brought me over to this forum from another place i knew him from like 100 years ago. So i’m grateful to him for introducing me to this dysfunctional family i love so much.
He was super funny but also an evil troll and that’s prob why he and i got along so great for so many years. last time i spoke to him was on FB a couple years ago.

bc097325444613855dfc9d5c3a390678.jpg

RIP Mikey
I like how his obituary said he was so devoted to a church he hated. He was really messed up though. Feel bad. I tried to help him tons of times before I had to cut ties. We spent a lot of time together when we lived in Ohio.

• Sad
  • Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and Josh