Ontopic RIP Thread

Everyone I've talked to, read about, etc. who's had a near death experience says it's the most peaceful thing you could ever imagine.
Then again I've talked to plenty of hospice nurses who say some welcome it and some fight it the whole way so who knows.

I'm kind of curious to find out, not sooner than necessary though.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I was in a car that flipped multiple times.
I thought I was a goner.
There's nothing peaceful about a flipping car.
I fell asleep behind the wheel and hit a concrete culvert doing 70-80km/hr.

If anything I found myself really calm and accepting of everything throughout the whole experience. Like "well there's really fuck all that I'm in control of right now, might as well enjoy the ride..."

I fell asleep behind the wheel and hit a concrete culvert doing 70-80km/hr.

If anything I found myself really calm and accepting of everything throughout the whole experience. Like "well there's really fuck all that I'm in control of right now, might as well enjoy the ride..."

It was pretty surreal. Almost like slow-motion but lightning fast at the same time.

It was pretty surreal. Almost like slow-motion but lightning fast at the same time.
I was in a car accident in 1996. massive winter storm, my car was stuck at this intersection and it wouldn't move cuz the snow and tires and there was a another car trying to cross the intersection but I could tell they were trying to stop or slowdown and they had lost control of the car. my bf and I were screaming and trying to get my car to move and in a split second he looks at me and says "its coming" and he just threw his arms around me and we were t-boned.. we spun out of control and hit a post on my side.

we saw the couples face as they were gonna hit us. they were an elderly couple and after the crash the driver man had a heart attack
it was sooooo slow when it happened, like ti felt like we were having a conversation of what was about to happen

• Gravy
omg that's crazy!! were you guys hurt or charged?

No charges, I have no idea why.
I didn't feel hurt at the scene but had back pain and a stiff neck for about a week or so after. I got hurt far worse riding a bike once. So go figure.
I had to be resuscitated after flipping over the handle bars of the bike.
I was accident prone before I decided to get old and stay indoors.

Edit: oh yeah, the guy driving didn't get hurt or charged. We just flipped down a hill and a retaining wall was kind enough to stop us from rolling further.

• Love
I slid through an amazing 4-5 pile up without touching anyone else a few years ago. Big overpass that curves on both sides, I get almost to top and it's black ice. Dude is some small car is hanging over the guardrail by the back tires, both doors flung open. Another small car is blocking about 1.5 of the 2 lanes and appears to have some big thing like a Caddy half up on it's ass end. I was bearing down on the people in the Caddy/car sandwitch. You could see them bracing for the blow.- we were all gonna be dead or damn near since they were against the concrete wall and I was in a 1 ton van. Somehow my tires caught, I slid over and crashed 2 tires over the high ass curb. Ruined rim, ruined tires, bottom of passenger door fairly fucked but no contact - fucking insurer wouldn't cover any of it since I wasn't on the police report. Assholes.
But yeah - slooooooow mooooootion at lightening speed.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings