Ontopic RIP Thread

At that point, a nursing home is the preferable option if finances allow.

True. Just usually there's some progression from competent to incompetent that can take some time to recognize, and/or for a family to agree it's time to put them in a home.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
My MIL is 93. Still hanging in there. A little wacky some days. If she ever finds her car keys you all better stay indoors.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
True. Just usually there's some progression from competent to incompetent that can take some time to recognize, and/or for a family to agree it's time to put them in a home.
True - sucked taking mom's car keys away. They have fairly lucid moments for big blocks of the time - that's when you feel like a dick. Then they have a dementia moment and you feel like a guardian angel. I remember when my kids told me "grandma pulled out onto Woodward the wrong way(5 lanes ONE-WAY) and didn't realize it - we were all screaming!"

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Sorry nukes - glad you were able to hang in there while it went down. Good you had her at home imo, it will be easier for your wife and kids, they saw grandma was having a shit time. Now rip:(