Ontopic RIP Thread

Top 5 is really difficult. I tend to group by genre or author first.
Snow Crash by Stephenson
The Dragon and The Unicorn by Attanasio
Talisman
Soul Music
or Night Watch by Pratchett
Summer of Night - Dan Simmons
The 2.25 books of Rothfuss' King killer Chronicle
American Gods
Perdido Street Station
China Mieville (but, unfortunately, not the rest of his stuff for some reason)

then it just devolves into something that reads like a mashup of any number of Best SciFi or Best Fantasy lists.
Dune, Dark Tower, John Scalzi, Jim Butcher, Riverworld series, more Neal Stephenson, the rest of Pterry's Discworld, Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Starship Troopers, more R.A.H., anything by Spider Robinson, but especially those dealing with Callahan's place, Foundation series, more King books, Vonnegut, Arthur C. Clarke, etc

Top 5 is really difficult. I tend to group by genre or author first.
Snow Crash by Stephenson
The Dragon and The Unicorn by Attanasio
Talisman
Soul Music
or Night Watch by Pratchett
Summer of Night - Dan Simmons
The 2.25 books of Rothfuss' King killer Chronicle
American Gods
Perdido Street Station
China Mieville (but, unfortunately, not the rest of his stuff for some reason)

then it just devolves into something that reads like a mashup of any number of Best SciFi or Best Fantasy lists.
Dune, Dark Tower, John Scalzi, Jim Butcher, Riverworld series, more Neal Stephenson, the rest of Pterry's Discworld, Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Starship Troopers, more R.A.H., anything by Spider Robinson, but especially those dealing with Callahan's place, Foundation series, more King books, Vonnegut, Arthur C. Clarke, etc
have you ever read The Three Body Problem by Cicuian Liu? Cause believe me, it is Asimov level stuff.

have you ever read The Three Body Problem by Cicuian Liu? Cause believe me, it is Asimov level stuff.
I read it about 6 months back. That was some trippy shit, but it gave an interesting insight into how the chinese cultural revolution shaped how authors in china write.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH
I keep seeing it on every list of books you should read. Never picked it up for whatever reason
It's worth it.

If you want to read some Russian fantasy there is Day Watch and Night Watch. Also trippy asian fantasy stuff that's not like anything else...