Ontopic RIP Thread

I may have had some bad spare ribs and I don't mean spoiled I just mean kind of funky. Other than that, I don't know. I also ate a serving of Fritos a few days ago and ground corn can wreak havoc on diverticulitis and specifically get stuck on the diverticuloids. I'm eating BRAT diet food in Flushing myself with water. Here's hoping! Thanks for the nice thoughts.
But isn't BRAT is supposed to plug you up? Although, I could see that keeping any meds in your gut longer, which might be good.
Ground corn - hmm, I'll have to look into that angle for the missus.

I may have had some bad spare ribs and I don't mean spoiled I just mean kind of funky. Other than that, I don't know. I also ate a serving of Fritos a few days ago and ground corn can wreak havoc on diverticulitis and specifically get stuck on the diverticuloids. I'm eating BRAT diet food in Flushing myself with water. Here's hoping! Thanks for the nice thoughts.
that'll help keep things calm while your diverticula are inflamed, you might even want to try a clear liquid diet for a but, but once you get past this flare-up, fiberrrrrrrrrrrr eat all the fiber.

low fiber with the itis, high fiber with the osis

Also with diverticulitis, the flare-up changes everything. The diverticulitis noids swell up and start catching things like corn kernels and pieces of beans and pieces of potato chips which act like little tiny razor blades and cut the diverticulitis which are like little fleshy fingers and make them swell up even more and cause infection.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Also with diverticulitis, the flare-up changes everything. The diverticulitis noids swell up and start catching things like corn kernels and pieces of beans and pieces of potato chips which act like little tiny razor blades and cut the diverticulitis which are like little fleshy fingers and make them swell up even more and cause infection.

Sounds like you need to chew your food better, nukes

Look it up. Diverticuloids are not caused by how you eat. Many people suffer.

What is this chewing thing???
Ok, this is what we use for the sufferer in our household (not me). Supposedly it can hold more water in your turd than any other natural item.
Capsules or powder - they also make noodles from it. Drink the water WHEN you take it, not along the way After. Seriously.
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-205/glucomannan

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Ok, this is what we use for the sufferer in our household (not me). Supposedly it can hold more water in your turd than any other natural item.
Capsules or powder - they also make noodles from it. Drink the water WHEN you take it, not along the way After. Seriously.
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-205/glucomannan

diverticulosis or diverticular disease is the formation of/presence of the diverticula (singular: diverticulum) in the first place, and diverticulitis is when the diverticula (or a diverticulum)

glucomannan is basically dietary fiber, which can be helpful for overall colon health & can help prevent the osis from becoming the itis, but it won't help clear the itis if it's already at that point (in fact, fiber can make the itis worse bc it can make yr turds bulkier which causes more irritation) and won't necessarily stop diverticula from forming in the first place/ won't necessarily prevent the osis.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
diverticulosis or diverticular disease is the formation of/presence of the diverticula (singular: diverticulum) in the first place, and diverticulitis is when the diverticula (or a diverticulum)

glucomannan is basically dietary fiber, which can be helpful for overall colon health & can help prevent the osis from becoming the itis, but it won't help clear the itis if it's already at that point (in fact, fiber can make the itis worse bc it can make yr turds bulkier which causes more irritation) and won't necessarily stop diverticula from forming in the first place/ won't necessarily prevent the osis.
Thanks - I understand all of that. Which is why I was wondering why nukes was at the BRAT diet stage right now. I was just recommending the product since 99.99% of American's haven't heard of it, for AFTER the itis flare-up has gone down/away. I have no personal need for it other than as a binder in my hot glass hobby. My spouse has divercula in the lower colon and she feels the glucommannan clears them by sticking to the small irritating particles and takes them along for the ride to the exit. :) Makes a nice sticky glue if made thick. Probably could double as an organic sex lube watered down. "Turds bulkier" but mainly by virtue of water - is that bad? Glucommannan holds 50 X weight in water, next closest thing is methylcellulose at 28X.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: august and nukes