rewards programs.. miles and whatnot

Drool-Boy said:
We flew BA last year when we went to the UK. The seats were so small my knees were in my chest the whole time, and all the fabulous entertainment on the vid-screens were 3 yearold movies and crappy sitcoms. I was very unimpressed.
What aircraft was it? I've found their 777's and 744's to be incredibly specious, even in economy. They change the movies for each route in a cycle, but any routes I've ever flown have all had new movies on. I just tend to watch BBC News though, or the flight monitor. Passes time quicker and makes you fall asleep.

Galen said:
What aircraft was it? I've found their 777's and 744's to be incredibly specious, even in economy. They change the movies for each route in a cycle, but any routes I've ever flown have all had new movies on. I just tend to watch BBC News though, or the flight monitor. Passes time quicker and makes you fall asleep.

Im not sure what kind of plane it was, but the fucker was small inside.
After 9 hours in the fetal position, my testicles had moved up near my kidneys.

Drool-Boy said:
I fuckin hate southwest. Its like taking a city bus.
I support Southwest because I appreciate the company. Its rare that a company sacrifice for its employees, and even more rare that employees are willing to sacrifice for a company. Its too bad that Herb Keller is gone, he is truly an awesome guy.

Drool-Boy said:
Im not sure what kind of plane it was, but the fucker was small inside.
After 9 hours in the fetal position, my testicles had moved up near my kidneys.
Two rows of 3 seats? Smallest POS I've ever been on was 737. The pain.

Galen said:
Same with BA, except it's 18 channels of movies and entertainment, about an extra 10 channels of just music and a flight manager, showing you where you are, speed, temperature, ETA, major cities etc.
JetBlue is the same thing, just more channels. (Its only domestic tho.) They only fly the new Airbus 380s tho. Niiice planes.

Back on topic I suppose... Get enrolled in a decent car rental program, National's 'Emerald Isle' for example. Speedy check-in and check-out can make or break a trip.

I was also made aware on my recent business trip that US Air has been taken over by a management company (with a completely forgettable name) that offers a mileage program good on 16 different airlines. Heck they were also giving away 25k miles just for applying for a 'completely forgettable name' branded mastercard, which is basically a free round trip ticket anywhere in the lower 48.

Fake Edit: 45 seconds worth of research revealed the 'completely forgettable name' of the management company, Star Alliance.

I don't travel too much but the last airline I flew with was Song (by Delta). I was stuck in NYC during the Blizzard, the day of the flipping blizzard and we were the only plane that had their pilot show up. They got us home, during the biggest snow storm of the winter so I support them.