Revolution vs 360 vs PS3...

S

smileynev

Guest
...[nerd thread]. So, which one, if any, are you going to get when they come out? I'll probably wait till the first price drop at least, or until something comes out that I just have to play. I haven't fired up the xbox or gamecube in awhile, so it may come down to time available for me as well.

I'm leaning towards the xbox, at least until nintendo reveals what the revolution is all about.
 

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
9,957
3,001
523
The QFH
i'm not thrilled with consoles that aren't backwards-compatible, so that will be a factor for me. for right now though, i'm happy with my Cube and PS2, and will probably wait for the first significant price drop on the next gens.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
F33nX said:
i'm not thrilled with consoles that aren't backwards-compatible, so that will be a factor for me. for right now though, i'm happy with my Cube and PS2, and will probably wait for the first significant price drop on the next gens.

cube supposedly will be backwards compatible. I read somewhere that the xbox for some reason was not. PS3 probably will be because they are evil.
 

Percy Thrillington

Too Many People
Sep 30, 2004
66,269
33,855
1,323
51
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
why_ask_why said:
computer>>>console


While I agree with that to a certain degree, I enjoy the "plug N play" ability of the console.
No drivers to update, nothing to tinker with, just drop in a disc and it works. Every time.
That makes me happy.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
why_ask_why said:
if it's not on comp it's ghey and shouldn't be played anyway ;)

Metroid Prime. The Zelda series. Resident Evil. There are tons of games that aren't on the PC that rock.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
Drool-Boy said:
While I agree with that to a certain degree, I enjoy the "plug N play" ability of the console.
No drivers to update, nothing to tinker with, just drop in a disc and it works. Every time.
That makes me happy.

exactly. Althought my xbox has been known on occasion to freeze before saving after I beat a level.
 

Percy Thrillington

Too Many People
Sep 30, 2004
66,269
33,855
1,323
51
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
smileynev said:
exactly. Althought my xbox has been known on occasion to freeze before saving after I beat a level.



Ive not had a single hardware issue with mine.

edit - no, I think vice city froze up on it once. Other than that its been flawless, unless the game was just garbage:fly:
 
S

smileynev

Guest
Drool-Boy said:
Ive not had a single hardware issue with mine.

edit - no, I think vice city froze up on it once. Other than that its been flawless, unless the game was just garbage:fly:

Timesplitters had a few "Aw fuck" moments. Other then that its run pretty good.
 

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
9,957
3,001
523
The QFH
smileynev said:
Metroid Prime. The Zelda series. Resident Evil. There are tons of games that aren't on the PC that rock.
metroid prime 2: echoes would rock my cock if i had one. god that game is awesome.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
F33nX said:
metroid prime 2: echoes would rock my cock if i had one. god that game is awesome.

I loved the first one. I'll need to get that one someday when I have time.
 

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
9,957
3,001
523
The QFH
smileynev said:
I loved the first one. I'll need to get that one someday when I have time.
it is SO worth it. i got it for Bill for christmas, and even just watching him play is awesome. next game on my list to play after i beat star ocean 3 is xenosaga 2 tho.
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
It depends on what games will be available at launch and what games will be slated for exclusive release on the systems. I got a PS2 first cause 1) it was the first system out, 2) Final Fantasy games and RE games. Then I got a GC shortly after release cause of Monkeyball, smash bros, and the move of the RE games. Then I just got an xbox recently cause of the release of Fable, and the library of used games I now have to pick from.

As far as the next set of consoles, it all comes down to the game. No fanboi-ism here. If it's got stuff I want to play, I'll probably buy it. Once I have one system, it will take a strong exclusive release on another system for me to pick that one up, since alot are multiplatform releases now.

Anyway, I'll sit back and see what info comes out about these systems over the rest of the year while I kick back and play with my PSP.