Revocation of Independance

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
:lol:

1. "revocation" and "aluminium"- I can't help it I mispronounce them :(
"vocabulary". Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable-I agree.
"interspersed"-I know what it means :)
2. There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on your behalf.-please let Microsoft know.
3. English and Australian accents-I don't know the difference.
4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys-sounds good to me.
5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through-Hell no! :eek:
6. "football"-I don't give a damn about sports anyway.
7. War on Quebec and France-nah, more trouble that it's worth-I recognized "merde" :fly:
8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday-what do I do with my fireworks?
9. All American cars are hereby banned-as long as I have something to drive I don't care.
10. Please tell us who killed JFK-you tell me and we'll both know.


Thank you for your cooperation-you're welcome :)

:heart: ya, NME!
 
J

jaxxor

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be speaking German regardless of your help, but Im not taking this any further. Lighten up guys. :heart:

you brought it on yourself! I'm just having fun anyways. You guys were begging us to enter the war *cough*Dunkirk!*cough*
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,158
6,206
723
Robin Hood Country
dreamwalker said:
1. "revocation" and "aluminium"- I can't help it I mispronounce them :(
"vocabulary". Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable-I agree.
"interspersed"-I know what it means
2. There is no such thing as "US English". We will let Microsoft know on your behalf.-please let Microsoft know.
3. English and Australian accents-I don't know the difference.
4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys-sounds good to me.
5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through-Hell no!
6. "football"-I don't give a damn about sports anyway.
7. War on Quebec and France-nah, more trouble that it's worth-I recognized "merde" :fly:
8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday-what do I do with my fireworks?
9. All American cars are hereby banned-as long as I have something to drive I don't care.
10. Please tell us who killed JFK-you tell me and we'll both know.


Thank you for your cooperation-you're welcome :)

:heart: ya, NME!

1. I forget how you say aluminium but you also say iodine wrong (io-deen, not diiine) :D
2. I thought it was American English, not US English.
3. English accents are like "Hello old chap" and Australian accents are completely different "Whats that, skippys fallen down a mindshft?"
4. American hero movies annoy the hell out of me, but I dont mind your Hollywood heartthrobs in the slighest :drool:
5. God save our noble queen, god save our gracious queen
8. We have a holiday called "Bonfire night" on Nov 5th where we let fireworks go off all night in celebration of a plan to blow up our parliament being thwarted.

:heart: dw, glad not everyone jumped on my back :fly:
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,158
6,206
723
Robin Hood Country
jaxxor said:
you brought it on yourself! I'm just having fun anyways. You guys were begging us to enter the war *cough*Dunkirk!*cough*

I didnt write it anyway, as you pointed out. I just found it quite amusing and thought Id share, its not my fault you're too serios. :p
 

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
NeedMoreEmo said:
1. I forget how you say aluminium but you also say iodine wrong (io-deen, not diiine) :D
2. I thought it was American English, not US English.
3. English accents are like "Hello old chap" and Australian accents are completely different "Whats that, skippys fallen down a mindshft?"
4. American hero movies annoy the hell out of me, but I dont mind your Hollywood heartthrobs in the slighest :drool:
5. God save our noble queen, god save our gracious queen
8. We have a holiday called "Bonfire night" on Nov 5th where we let fireworks go off all night in celebration of a plan to blow up our parliament being thwarted.

:heart: dw, glad not everyone jumped on my back :fly:

You mean I've been pronouncing "iodine" wrong too??? :eek:

That Bonfire night sounds like fun, makes me want to go to England next November :)

I find this whole thing amusing more than anything else, and interesting to see the differences between two cultures pointed out. There is a surface resemblance between the two, but so many differences as well. Anyway, I don't hang out here to get pissed at people, I hang out here because it's fun :D
 
J

jaxxor

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
I didnt write it anyway, as you pointed out. I just found it quite amusing and thought Id share, its not my fault you're too serios. :p

:tard:
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
dreamwalker said:
You mean I've been pronouncing "iodine" wrong too??? :eek:


we dont live on the thames in the south of england, american heritage lists both pronounciations
 

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
67,398
35,527
1,323
52
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
1. I forget how you say aluminium but you also say iodine wrong (io-deen, not diiine) :D - We dont say it wrong, we just say it differently
2. I thought it was American English, not US English. - Either one is correct
3. English accents are like "Hello old chap" and Australian accents are completely different "Whats that, skippys fallen down a mindshft?" - I can tell the difference between the English and Aussie accents as Ive spent time with both
4. American hero movies annoy the hell out of me, but I dont mind your Hollywood heartthrobs in the slighest :drool: - 90% of Hollywood movies are crap anyways
5. God save our noble queen, god save our gracious queen - The bombs bursting in air, if you stretch it too much itll tear
8. We have a holiday called "Bonfire night" on Nov 5th where we let fireworks go off all night in celebration of a plan to blow up our parliament being thwarted. - See, everyone likes blowing shit up:)
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,158
6,206
723
Robin Hood Country
dreamwalker said:
You mean I've been pronouncing "iodine" wrong too??? :eek:

That Bonfire night sounds like fun, makes me want to go to England next November :)

I find this whole thing amusing more than anything else, and interesting to see the differences between two cultures pointed out. There is a surface resemblance between the two, but so many differences as well. Anyway, I don't hang out here to get pissed at people, I hang out here because it's fun :D

I think so, they say iodine in a Thursday song and it sounds very wrong.

It goes on for days though, Im sure it reminds the old folks of what the Blitz was like. :D

I think we're a pretty different country compared to the US, I mean we've got a lot of similarities but there's a well rooted sense of what it is to be English over here, and it's a lot different to what Americans are like I guess. Theres a lot I love and hate about your culture. :heart:
 

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
4,683
0
0
Planet Hell
thrawn said:
we dont live on the thames in the south of england, american heritage lists both pronounciations

I don't really care how it is pronounced, as long as I can get it when I need it :)
 

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
14,850
0
0
dreamwalker said:
I don't really care how it is pronounced, as long as I can get it when I need it :)



in that case, it's pronounced 'bendoverandpulldownyourpants'
 

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
41,158
6,206
723
Robin Hood Country
Drool-Boy said:
1. I forget how you say aluminium but you also say iodine wrong (io-deen, not diiine) :D - We dont say it wrong, we just say it differently
2. I thought it was American English, not US English. - Either one is correct
3. English accents are like "Hello old chap" and Australian accents are completely different "Whats that, skippys fallen down a mindshft?" - I can tell the difference between the English and Aussie accents as Ive spent time with both
4. American hero movies annoy the hell out of me, but I dont mind your Hollywood heartthrobs in the slighest :drool: - 90% of Hollywood movies are crap anyways
5. God save our noble queen, god save our gracious queen - The bombs bursting in air, if you stretch it too much itll tear
8. We have a holiday called "Bonfire night" on Nov 5th where we let fireworks go off all night in celebration of a plan to blow up our parliament being thwarted. - See, everyone likes blowing shit up:)

1. I didn't actually mean wrong, but you do say quite a few things different, like my goddamn name, I wish I could give some people elocution lessons so they could say it right.
2. I never heard of US English, it sounds weird.
3. Well thats good but a lot of Americans say my accent sounds Australian, I don't understand that at all because my English is rather proper.
8. Just for different reasons. I don't think Bonfire Night is a great idea, we're basically celebrating that a guy got caught trying to kill the King and him and his friends got tortured to death/burned.