~*Revealed: Fly's Gift Extravaganza*~

ceiling fly said:
Send it to me too, or youre going back dickchugger.

:hi2u:

1 piece fresh ginger, approximately 1- inch
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup plum wine
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 (2-pound) lobster split lengthwise
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 scallions cut into 3/8 inch slices
1 or 2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 cup fish stock, recipe follows
1/2 cup cream
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt
Black pepper, freshly ground
Fried spinach leaves, see separate recipe

1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.

2. Peel the ginger, reserving the peels, and cut into fine julienne strips. Cut the peels into coarse strips and set aside.

3. In a small saucepan, cook the ginger and garlic with a 1/2 cup of the plum wine and the rice vinegar until 1 tablespoon of liquid remains. Remove from the heat and set aside.

4. Place a heavy heatproof 12-inch skillet over high heat until it is very hot. Add the oil almost to the smoking point. Carefully add the lobster halves, meat side down. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn the lobster over and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Continue to sauté the lobster shells until they are red and the butter is a nutty red. Transfer the lobsters to the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the lobster is just cooked. Remove from the oven, remove the lobster from the skillet and keep warm.

5. Add the scallions, ginger peels and curry powder to the skillet. Saute the mixture lightly for 15 seconds, then whisk in the remaining plum wine, white wine, stock, chili flakes and the vinegar. Reduce the liquid to about a 1/2 cup. Add the cream and reduce by half, then whisk in the 1 tablespoon of butter. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.

6. Crack the lobster claws with the back of a large chefs knive.

Arrange the lobster half on a warm oval platter, meat side up. Strain the sauce over the lobster, and then sprinkle the sweet ginger on top. Garnish with fried baby spinach leaves.

Pandora said:
Damn...somebody must love fly a lot to be getting him all those neat things. :fly:
let's be honest, none of us "love" him, we just wanted to confirm how gay he is by sending him to a spa

elpmis said:
let's be honest, none of us "love" him, we just wanted to confirm how gay he is by sending him to a spa
Im pretty stoked about the spa. I've never been to one and Im sure I'll get my gay atamantium card for it. THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE

shawndavid said:
The spa wasn't for you. Everyone saw the state of your toenails at the meat and decided this was best for your relationship.

BWAHAHHAAHAH sometimes he lets me do a little filing to his big toe.

I was >< this close to laundering all that money and fleeing to Mexico, taking on a new identity and living beneath a small lean-to on a deserted beach so as not to be found.

*applauds*

Thank you Thorn for putting it together! Thank you Fly for everything you do, and the wonderful community! <3 all!