Retardation, a derivative of the lack of anger management.

InnerMuse

Flaccid Member
Lead in: I was sitting at my desk and got a phone call. It was a customer of mine calling to tell me his bank didn't send out his check b/c of some thing where they have a 12 month limit for automatically sending checks. He told me he'd be in with a check to pay for the account.

Fast forward 30 minutes to another phone call I get... its him, again, yelling at me for a lock being on his storage. He storms into my office, demands to speak to my manager, demands to only pay for the 20 days of this month, beraides me about how I just lost the account, and refuses to pay the $10 (yes, it's only $10) late fee. If he had come into my office in the first place, like I thought he was going to do, I would have sent my maintenance guy down to take care of the lock. :mad:

I must ask, what is the most minute thing you have ever been angry over... something that cause you to lash out or say something stupid.

I dont get angry. I get even.

You need to learn to be a surly elitest if you are going to work with "customers". Do everything to the letter. Youll find that following the rules is a far worse way to punish them than beating them to death with a telephone.

I used to do customer service for Time Inc. magazines. Canadians and National Geographic subscribers were the worst, miserable people the lot of em.

"Thanks for calling ____ To look up your account, may I have your zipcode?"

"I DONT HAVE A FUCKING ZIP CODE, I HAVE A POSTAL CODE."

*sigh*

"Okay... Well what is it?"

"I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR."

Its obvious that the caller would know that a zip code and postal code were similar, but it just enraged them. This was how about 1/5 Canadian calls started.

It pisses me off to no end when people call me up and say, "Hey, I need some data." 9 times out of 10 they have no idea what kind of data they need. Furthermore, most of them don't even have some question that they are looking to answer. They just make some assertion and then after the fact come looking for numbers to support it.

One day I'm going to just send them a phone book and say, "Here, here's a fucking ton of data. Have fun with it."

I dont get angry. I get even.

You need to learn to be a surly elitest if you are going to work with "customers". Do everything to the letter. Youll find that following the rules is a far worse way to punish them than beating them to death with a telephone.

I did and he was upset about it. It's a good thing my manager is a reasonable guy.

..wait, is Canadian $ called a looney? ...that's friggin' hi-larious!

I did and he was upset about it. It's a good thing my manager is a reasonable guy.

..wait, is Canadian $ called a looney? ...that's friggin' hi-larious!

Canadian one dollar coin has a loon on it, ergo looney. The two dollar coin has a polar bear but it's called a toonie.

Oh and American money is now changing colors and stealing the Canadian theme. The coins are horrible though and although everyone is used to it now I don't think I know anyone up north who enjoys it.

Last edited:
Oh and American money is now changing colors and stealing the Canadian theme. The coins are horrible though and although everyone is used to it now I don't think I know anyone up north who enjoys it.

Not really changing colors much. They're still basically green with a tint, canadian money is like the rainbow. I still have a ton of $2 CND bills. Purdy.

British money (Bank of England, not Scottish/Irish/Jersey/Guernsey notes) is horrible, all of the notes are basically white. The only fast way to tell them apart is the size, and I mean fuck, Im from NY, I dont look at the size of bills. Not to mention the 1 pound coin is essentially a fat dime.

Not really changing colors much. They're still basically green with a tint, canadian money is like the rainbow. I still have a ton of $2 CND bills. Purdy.

British money (Bank of England, not Scottish/Irish/Jersey/Guernsey notes) is horrible, all of the notes are basically white. The only fast way to tell them apart is the size, and I mean fuck, Im from NY, I dont look at the size of bills. Not to mention the 1 pound coin is essentially a fat dime.

Dude, the new ten dollar bills are like, peach colored or some shit. It's like monopoly money.