Resident Evil 4 Review

elpmis said:
UPDATE:

I'm now on Disc 2, and on the final chapter (chapter 5) with just under 20 hours logged.

I am currently using a fairly upgraded Blacktail, Striker and Semi-Auto Rifle mainly

For bosses I pull out my Killer7, which is a better .45 you find can purchase on Disc 2 (it's better than the broken butterfly).

All I can tell you is that shit is really hairy now and finding ammo is an issue.

I plan on beating the game before the end of the week

My bro in law already beat it, twice almost.

elpmis said:
that's hot - has he gotten all of the bottle caps in the side game?

I do not know, but Leon and the president's daughter have new outfits. Fricken Japanese crackheads.

CletusJones said:
I must now purchase a GC.

Reason to definitely purchase PS2:

Reason to definitely purchase X-Box:

Halo
Halo2

Reason to definitely purchase GameCube:
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil (you name the version)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Zelda (you name the version)

on and on

GC is the only console you can do that with.

Not sure what chapter I'm on. On the second disc...getting towards the end of the game I'm pretty sure.

Things are definitely getting pretty wild. I'm using my severly upgraded Blacktail, Riot Gun, Semi-Auto-rifle and an upgraded Butterfly which I like better then the Killer 7 simply because of aesthetics. :D

Right now I'm in an operating room looking in on some supposedly 'dead, burned, charcoal' looking guy on a table. I just picked up a memo that warned me about "Regenerators"...so I know the next step I take either that dead guy is going to jump up and scare the shit out of me, or something even worse will break through the door and try to kill me.

I'm definitely glad there are less 'pop out and scare you to death' moments in this Resident Evil...but the ones that are THERE are still freaking me out.

SpangeMonkee said:
the coolest thing I saw in the game was when theac got owned by the chainsaw guy.

one hit, off goes the head. And what is up with the guys' head exploding when I am hitting his fucking feet with a damn knife? I call shens! They warn you not to shoot them in the head, so I take the time to knee shoot them, kick them down, then knife thier legs, and the fucking head still explodes!

Last edited:
Millions said:
Fuck these Regenerator things! NOT FUN! :mad:
they're not so bad once you get the heat scope

also once you've shot off all the red dots on the front, take out one of their legs to see the one red dot on their back

elpmis said:
they're not so bad once you get the heat scope

also once you've shot off all the red dots on the front, take out one of their legs to see the one red dot on their back

I hate the ones that flop at you like dead fish when you shot their legs out. :( It's like some big, grey dildo with teeth hurling itself at me.

Millions said:
I hate the ones that flop at you like dead fish when you shot their legs out. :( It's like some big, grey dildo with teeth hurling itself at me.
you gotta keep distance with the semi-auto rifle