"Rescues" are a crock of crap...

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
I just received an email from a bunny rescue I had been working with to take my bunny. It only took 2 months for them to respond! This slightly ticks me off in that in the first communications with them they seemed very willing to take my rabbit. The email I just received stated that they don't have room at this time and that euthanasia is always a solution.. WTF it took the stupid lady 2 months to tell me that?

I don't think I would be so annoyed except that that is the 2nd rescue that has been a load of crap. The first rescue said they would take my bunny then when I made the long distance phone call to set everything up, they said that since she wasn't a baby they didn't want her...

Sorry to rant, it just bugs me that places that call themselves "rescues" suck!

p.s. I got a home for my rabbit 2 weeks ago.

So how is everyone else's day?

The only rescue people that are worth a damn are wildlife rescue people. There's at least two groups here in Houston who have never once hesitated to take in injured wildlife that I've come across.

If you ever need to find a home for a pet, use Petfinder.com - never fails.

happily neverafter said:
The only rescue people that are worth a damn are wildlife rescue people. There's at least two groups here in Houston who have never once hesitated to take in injured wildlife that I've come across.

If you ever need to find a home for a pet, use Petfinder.com - never fails.

Yeah a few other people recommended petfinder, but I really wanted to make sure the bunny got a good home. I had hand raised her since she was 3 days old and although I didn't want to keep her, I was very concerned that she would get a good home.

HifiGirly said:
Yeah a few other people recommended petfinder, but I really wanted to make sure the bunny got a good home. I had hand raised her since she was 3 days old and although I didn't want to keep her, I was very concerned that she would get a good home.

The best way to ensure a good home is to always ask for an adoption fee - $35 the absolute lowest you should ever ask. And if it's a dog, then the bigger and rarer purebreed it is - the bigger the price should be.

People with bad intentions (like people who troll those adds to find future laboratory animals) will never pay over $30 for an animal. This is because they only get paid so much per animal by the laboratory.

I found great homes for a few dogs I had in the past through Petfinder. You just really have to screen them. If they are serious about adopting your pet, they won't mind. Vet references are always a good thing to ask for.

HifiGirly said:
I second, third, and fourth that point...

Didn't realize it when we agreed to take her. :(

Just be glad it's not a male. It's much worse. I had one. I know.

Bobert sucked!

My sister's friend once had a little rabbit, the size of a kitten, still pretty young. It was out of control. Hated being picked up and wouldn't sit still for 2 seconds. Until it met me <3

It was so cute! It would climb into my lap, stretch out, and rest contentedly while I scruffed it's cute wittle ears.

happily neverafter said:
My sister's friend once had a little rabbit, the size of a kitten, still pretty young. It was out of control. Hated being picked up and wouldn't sit still for 2 seconds. Until it met me <3

It was so cute! It would climb into my lap, stretch out, and rest contentedly while I scruffed it's cute wittle ears.

you smelled like its mother.

happily neverafter said:

I work at a vets office which is how I ended up with mine, she was so tiny when I got her, smaller than the palm of my hand. Then she grew and grew and eventually weighed about 10 pounds, she's giant!

HifiGirly said:
I work at a vets office which is how I ended up with mine, she was so tiny when I got her, smaller than the palm of my hand. Then she grew and grew and eventually weighed about 10 pounds, she's giant!

the 2nd best way to end up with more pets than you need

the #1 best way is to volunteer at a high kill animal shelter :noes: