request for a little help

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
if you can spare a few minutes, i'd like to ask for your voices. thad was an old schoolmate of mine...he was killed in afghanistan and his fiancee is stuck without a visa in malaysia. she needs an emergency visa in order to get to thad's funeral in the States. posted below is a note taken right off of FB with information about thad and erica's situation...i know it's TL;DR, but you can skip to the bottom to find the email addresses. thanks in advance, guys. :heart:

To All Fellow Americans,

This letter was taken from The Decatur Daily. I am not the author of this letter but It gets to the point. Erica needs our help and we owe it to Thad. Please write letters to whoever you think will listen and help. Local news stations, newspapers, senators, churches, whoever you think will help or listen please write. Erica needs to be able to say good-bye to her fiance. He protected us and died for our freedom. PLEASE HELP!

I am writing you in honor of my heroic friend, Sgt. Thaddeus Scott Montgomery, Jr., son of Ms. Debra Hays and Mr. Thaddeus Montgomery, Sr. He was killed serving his country in Afghanistan on Wednesday, January 20, 2010s an accomplished soldier. His humility and honor inspired not just the members of his platoon, but others around the world as well. Thad was recently recognized by Arizona Highways Magazine for his selflessness and bravery, and was featured by various Arizona news networks.

Thad was raised in Decatur, Alabama, and then stationed in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Prior to his untimely death, Thad asked his mother to honor one request if he was killed in the line of duty. That one request was that his fiance, Erica Yih Shu Wong, be present at his burial. Thad and Erica had already begun the process of submitting forms so that Erica could obtain a visa to travel from Malaysia to the United States, where they could be married. Now, Erica needs our help to complete this process so that she can come to the United States to bury her fiance, Sgt. Thaddeus Scott Montgomery, Jr.

Thad gave his life for our country. He has asked for one thing in return; respect for his loved ones. Will you help us honor his request by emailing our state and local representatives, or the U.S. Embassy in Malaysia, bringing attention to this situation? Every voice helps. Thad fought for our right to have a voice. Honor his ultimate sacrifice, and please use your voice to help Erica.

Even if you did not know Thad Please write. Every voice helps he was a great person, a wonderful friend, awesome father, and a hero to us all! He died for all of us!!

Our sincerest thanks,

Family and Friends of

Sgt. Thaddeus S. Montgomery

[email protected]

www.whitehouse.gov

[email protected]

I don't think they have any considerations for non-relatives to get emergency visa's for funerals... I guess she needs to goto kualalumpur and fight it out with the US embassy.

fuck, this shouldn't have happened. I don't want to sound mean but they could have avoided this whole mess by not waiting until she was in the US to get married. the DoD has a procedure for allowing deployed servicemembers to marry by proxy. if no one told them about it then someone screwed the over but the majority of these problems are from people wanting to wait until after a combat tour to do the marriage officially

:waw: