Reports have it that PS3 will be homosexual

smileynev said:
The rumors say it will play DVDs

I don't foresee Nintendo trying to get into the other markets. They understand what game consoles are supposed to do. The problem is that, as a consumer, we want the most bang for our buck. If I can buy a system that does all sorts of crap besides just games for not much more then "just" a game console, which route am I going to take?

Well... the problem there is that reports have it Nintendo has lost most of the gaming market. I believe many people think they lost out last round because they could not play DVDs. They could lose out this time if they are the only maker that does not have a media streaming solution.

taeric said:
Well... the problem there is that reports have it Nintendo has lost most of the gaming market. I believe many people think they lost out last round because they could not play DVDs. They could lose out this time if they are the only maker that does not have a media streaming solution.
Well, I'm guessing the Revolution will use the same free wireless service that the DS will be using. So at least they have something in place. Hopefully, that's enough to compete.

theacoustician said:
Well, I'm guessing the Revolution will use the same free wireless service that the DS will be using. So at least they have something in place. Hopefully, that's enough to compete.

It is enough to get the Nintendo consumers fine, I think. The question is will it sway any people that are on verge markets? Nintendo might need to worry less about simply not losing market, and more about gaining some.

Of course, that is assuming the verge markets are large. Sony and Microsoft seem to both be betting they are. Is Nintendo?

taeric said:
It is enough to get the Nintendo consumers fine, I think. The question is will it sway any people that are on verge markets? Nintendo might need to worry less about simply not losing market, and more about gaining some.

Of course, that is assuming the verge markets are large. Sony and Microsoft seem to both be betting they are. Is Nintendo?
Something that can only be answered once the systems are out.

Yeah... I'm not sure how I feel on that, myself. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the verge market this time. With the DVD ability of the PS2, that definitely swayed me. However, I don't think I would care for another form of media center. What I don't know, though, is who all is.

If the DVR was built into one of the systems, I would think it would be perfect for a convergence market. However, since they all seem to require an extra box to stream data to them.... they just seem sorta redundant at this point. Most people will have the box that is streaming to them sitting right next to them, I would think.