Reports have it that PS3 will be homosexual

Meh, too soon to say. Everyone that thinks the consoles do not need an interface outside of the games is missing exactly what everyone likes about XBox Live. If you can get a rendezvous like tech for the PS3, that would probably be heralded as a good thing.

As far as the decision to go with Apple. Sorta surprises me, as Sony does have their own devices that compete in this area. However, Apple clearly has a market advantage. It would definitely be interesting to see the battle between Sony+Apple versus Microsoft. Not sure who has the clear advantage.

The biggest thing that could go against the PS3 is how long it takes to come out after the new XBox. They did lag behind the Dreamcast, but Sega already had a history of poor third party support. Microsoft is in a much better position than Sega was.

This whole thing reminds me of the marriage between cellphones and PDAs that the industry has forced on us. Almost no one I know wants to talk on a PDA or store loads of info on a phone.

I've had my modded XBOX for at least a year. I have never used it to listen to music or watch movies from the box (I do use it to watch DVDs tho.) It's just silly.

if the nintendo revolution does anything other than play video games I'm not going to buy a next generation console

fly said:
This whole thing reminds me of the marriage between cellphones and PDAs that the industry has forced on us. Almost no one I know wants to talk on a PDA or store loads of info on a phone.

I've had my modded XBOX for at least a year. I have never used it to listen to music or watch movies from the box (I do use it to watch DVDs tho.) It's just silly.

Its kind of like when they started multipurposing cell phones. At first they threw MP3 players into them and nobody bought them. Then they added cameras and now everyone wants one of those. And now they are trying to add MP3 capabilities back into them.

Sometimes I wonder if these companies even do market research.

I dunno which console Ill get but Ill probably be looking at 3 things:
A. The price to come down
B. Someone to make a vga adapter ( :heart: my x2vga)
C. What the mod scene looks like

elpmis said:
if the nintendo revolution does anything other than play video games I'm not going to buy a next generation console

The rumors say it will play DVDs

I don't foresee Nintendo trying to get into the other markets. They understand what game consoles are supposed to do. The problem is that, as a consumer, we want the most bang for our buck. If I can buy a system that does all sorts of crap besides just games for not much more then "just" a game console, which route am I going to take?

smileynev said:
The rumors say it will play DVDs

I don't foresee Nintendo trying to get into the other markets. They understand what game consoles are supposed to do. The problem is that, as a consumer, we want the most bang for our buck. If I can buy a system that does all sorts of crap besides just games for not much more then "just" a game console, which route am I going to take?
The route with the coolest games.

Drool-Boy said:
I dunno which console Ill get but Ill probably be looking at 3 things:
A. The price to come down
B. Someone to make a vga adapter ( :heart: my x2vga)
C. What the mod scene looks like

revolution will be monitor compatible out of the box.

Makes sense.

I've always said that Sony was the Apple of the PC world, trying to make everything look polished and futuristic. Its probably is talk however since if Sony is going to sync with anything its going to be connect. Sony is changing but they still let one group have voice over another so its going to be a fight.

HydroSqueegee said:
will the controller only have one button?

:lol:

"WTF do I do dude, they're coming right at me?"

"Jump"

"How?"

"Hit the button"

Dude hits the button and jumps

"Okay, now what?"

"Shoot them with the plasma rifle"

"how"

"hit the button"

I didn't read this thread I just posted to get rid of that annoying text telling me to post.