Reports have it that PS3 will be homosexual

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2005/5/14/305

Acording to a poster on the PS3Forums and a little research from The Mac Daily News Sony and Apple might be working together on iPod integration and an iTunes solution for the PS3. Apparently Apple might also be helping Sony with the UI design. The Mac Daily News goes even further by citing a Merrill Lynch analyst who says "Apple and Sony could be working on some big things", and Steve Jobs' comments from the last MacWorld Expo.

Good or bad?

PS3 is a what? A gaming system. What the hell does Apple know about gaming?

edit: itunes "solution"? What is it solving?

I was just thinking the other day about how Apple could really make a difference in the console market. They develop great UIs, and have appealing hardware designs. I think it would be a great idea.

elpmis said:
PS3 is a what? A gaming system. What the hell does Apple know about gaming?

edit: itunes "solution"? What is it solving?
Consoles have been too easy to use till this point. I think they need bloatware to make me spend more time using them.

smileynev said:
I was just thinking the other day about how Apple could really make a difference in the console market. They develop great UIs, and have appealing hardware designs. I think it would be a great idea.
Difference? It wouldn't make any fucking difference at all. As it stands now companies are already too focused on the looks of consoles, or the power of consoles, that does nothing for gaming except sway the game designers or even force them to code for the GRAPHICS and not the fucking GAMEPLAY

Until Apple makes a game like tetris it will only add to the problem, not solve it

edit: BUY AN MP3 FOR 99 CENTS NOW KEKE!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Their UI's have always been the shittiest thing going :wtf:

I'd sooner use CP/M on an 8086 again than use a crapple

Look at the iPod. Or even the Newton for that matter. You may not like OS X for a variety of reasons, but the majority of people on both sides of the OS debate agree that its interface and ease of use is greater then an XP box.

elpmis said:
Difference? It wouldn't make any fucking difference at all. As it stands now companies are already too focused on the looks of consoles, or the power of consoles, that does nothing for gaming except sway the game designers or even force them to code for the GRAPHICS and not the fucking GAMEPLAY

Until Apple makes a game like tetris it will only add to the problem, not solve it

edit: BUY AN MP3 FOR 99 CENTS NOW KEKE!

Console functionality is expanding. As such, they need to create an easy to use interface to control all of the new functions.

I dont want my game console to play MP3s
I dont want my game console to play movies
I dont want my game console to browse the internet
I want my game console to play fucking games godammit

Drool-Boy said:
dude

you own an xbox

smileynev said:
Look at the iPod. Or even the Newton for that matter. You may not like OS X for a variety of reasons, but the majority of people on both sides of the OS debate agree that its interface and ease of use is greater then an XP box.
I think all the cutesy graphics of OSX and XP out of the box piss me off. Stop trying to help me and let me just do it.

elpmis said:
Why do game consoles need an user interface at all? Pop in your game and fucking hit power
Because console makers want to be PC makers. Kinda like every movie star wants to be a rock star.

Drool-Boy said:

Is that the new Linkin Park song?

elpmis said:
Why do game consoles need an user interface at all? Pop in your game and fucking hit power

Well duh, tell that to Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and all the theacoustician like nerds out there that want all these fancy features.

theacoustician said:
I think all the cutesy graphics of OSX and XP out of the box piss me off. Stop trying to help me and let me just do it.

Yeah, but they are not trying to appeal to you. They already have you.