Thread Reporter To Fast Food Worker That's Wanting $15 Minimum Wage!

Yeah I just don't have the energy to argue w/ brick walls. I'm not going to change their wrong thinking/opinions, so why bother.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
it's based on the fantasy that they earned everything they have, all thanks solely to their own hard work and virtues

at least in this case

they assume everyone had a fair shake and anyone that didn't succeed was lazy. they dream about being one of the big boys and believe the only way to do that is to walk on top of others

So how do you explain the success of massive groups of people who come here from India and other places leaving behind poverty so extreme it makes our poor people look like millionaires? My entire company (including my CEO) is full of people who came from nothing and had zero legs up on anyone but they worked and struggled until they pulled themselves out. The didn't waste money on rims, big trucks to go muddin', 15 dogs, cigarettes, a new iphone every 6 months, etc, etc, etc. The go what the needed to get by and slowly worked their way up. I have a guy who works for me who moved from Ethiopia when is was 18. He never saw a TV, phone, or anything until he moved here. When he got here he worked BS jobs and went to school at night and now he's 25 and making great money. He had zero when he came here and he made it. I came from a dirt poor town of less than 500 people in the middle of KS. Most everyone I grew up with ended up working lame jobs at one of the warehouses or if they were lucky at the meat packing plant. I was smart enough to get into the military and work my way up. I had nothing given to me nor did I receive any advantages over anyone else in the military. I worked my ass off while i was in to learn anything I could which I turned into what I am today. I feel zero guilt for being successful nor should anyone else. I could have easily went the route of many of my friends and I would be in a shitty situation but I chose not to be lazy and to work for something. I agree with you that everyone has a right to live but that doesn't guarantee them a right to live where they choose. There is a reason that mixed income neighborhoods never succeed. It has nothing to do with greed it has everything to do with a large portion of our lower class not knowing how to behave live normal citizens. We have a few in Denver and there was 1 in Tampa when I lived there that all completely flopped because the power of the lower class would overpower the neighborhood and turn it into a complete shit hole forcing people out and turing it into a ghetto.

• Gravy
Reactions: plot and Peppers
So how do you explain the success of massive groups of people who come here from India and other places leaving behind poverty so extreme it makes our poor people look like millionaires? My entire company (including my CEO) is full of people who came from nothing and had zero legs up on anyone but they worked and struggled until they pulled themselves out. The didn't waste money on rims, big trucks to go muddin', 15 dogs, cigarettes, a new iphone every 6 months, etc, etc, etc. The go what the needed to get by and slowly worked their way up. I have a guy who works for me who moved from Ethiopia when is was 18. He never saw a TV, phone, or anything until he moved here. When he got here he worked BS jobs and went to school at night and now he's 25 and making great money. He had zero when he came here and he made it. I came from a dirt poor town of less than 500 people in the middle of KS. Most everyone I grew up with ended up working lame jobs at one of the warehouses or if they were lucky at the meat packing plant. I was smart enough to get into the military and work my way up. I had nothing given to me nor did I receive any advantages over anyone else in the military. I worked my ass off while i was in to learn anything I could which I turned into what I am today. I feel zero guilt for being successful nor should anyone else. I could have easily went the route of many of my friends and I would be in a shitty situation but I chose not to be lazy and to work for something. I agree with you that everyone has a right to live but that doesn't guarantee them a right to live where they choose. There is a reason that mixed income neighborhoods never succeed. It has nothing to do with greed it has everything to do with a large portion of our lower class not knowing how to behave live normal citizens. We have a few in Denver and there was 1 in Tampa when I lived there that all completely flopped because the power of the lower class would overpower the neighborhood and turn it into a complete shit hole forcing people out and turing it into a ghetto.

This is a damned good statement.

Right now the most educated demographic in america is first generation African immigrants.

This is a damned good statement.

Right now the most educated demographic in america is first generation African immigrants.

Exactly. The root of the issue is American people insist on living outside their means. If we raised all the minimum wage to whatever it will just mean people will waste more money on crap they don't need. Utopia doesn't exist.

I also find it ironic that many of your who are saying you people working minimum wage should be paid a larger living wage but you don't think twice about stealing cable, pirating movies, games, music etc in turn taking money from people who work in those industries.

I also find it ironic that many of your who are saying you people working minimum wage should be paid a larger living wage but you don't think twice about stealing cable, pirating movies, games, music etc in turn taking money from people who work in those industries.
Says the guy who tried to pirate boobs from snapchat.

I find it ironic that someone who makes over 150k is telling someone who makes under 30k how much money they should make.

I'm not telling anyone how much they should make. I think the wage should be higher but people are lazy and like to waste money. My point about the movies and cable is you can't have it both ways. Either you want everyone to make money and do go or you don't. You can't pick and choose that fast food workers deserve it but it's ok to steal from other companies.

because those immigrants are coming from a different culture

and yes, the military is one of those places where race is not much of a factor. but most people can't join the military so you are a non-standard example of how to escape poverty. not to mention the moral issue of suggesting the way out of poverty should be potentially putting your life at risk but given the types of wars fought today I'd say it's far less of an issue than it's been in the past

of course you shouldn't feel guilty being successful. no one is suggesting you should. but you can't say that you've made it where you are all by yourself. you relied on a massive government program for pay, job training, experience, and numerous other benefits. that option is not available for the vast majority of the population. you worked hard for it and deserve the credit for doing so but the infrastructure had to exist in order for you to take that opportunity. and just because you were a better prospect to your recruiter than the people who got rejected for one reason or another doesn't mean those people aren't working just as hard as you yet still stuck in the same place

I don't know how to address the right to live where one chooses?

the problem of the behavior in the lower economic classes is largely due to the country's unique history. the solution to that is education and support, not some wide eyed fantasy of everyone being able to bootstrap themselves into success

just like fly: you are likely an exceptional person because that is typically what is required to escape poverty.

this is a really good point, even though the profits are almost entirely going to people who are already wealthy, not the working stiffs that make all that media

because those immigrants are coming from a different culture

and yes, the military is one of those places where race is not much of a factor. but most people can't join the military so you are a non-standard example of how to escape poverty. not to mention the moral issue of suggesting the way out of poverty should be potentially putting your life at risk but given the types of wars fought today I'd say it's far less of an issue than it's been in the past

of course you shouldn't feel guilty being successful. no one is suggesting you should. but you can't say that you've made it where you are all by yourself. you relied on a massive government program for pay, job training, experience, and numerous other benefits. that option is not available for the vast majority of the population. you worked hard for it and deserve the credit for doing so but the infrastructure had to exist in order for you to take that opportunity. and just because you were a better prospect to your recruiter than the people who got rejected for one reason or another doesn't mean those people aren't working just as hard as you yet still stuck in the same place

I don't know how to address the right to live where one chooses?

the problem of the behavior in the lower economic classes is largely due to the country's unique history. the solution to that is education and support, not some wide eyed fantasy of everyone being able to bootstrap themselves into success

just like fly: you are likely an exceptional person because that is typically what is required to escape poverty.

this is a really good point, even though the profits are almost entirely going to people who are already wealthy, not the working stiffs that make all that media

What does them being from a different culture have anything to do with it? You keep saying that certain people have a leg up which makes them be successful and it's not laziness. Well an immigrant should fall into the not having a leg up but yet they become successful which point to the laziness part.

And what do you mean most people can't join the military?

well for starters many of those cultures have a stronger sense of family than the broken ones seen in the poor areas of america. they also tend to move to areas with higher concentrations of other immigrants from their home country which creates a stronger support network outside of the home.

then there's the fact that if you're able to afford to come to america legally you absolutely have a leg up. the poorest people in india are not coming here because they can't afford to. people coming here are typically educated, have work experience, and the funds to actually make the trip. those immigrants that have absolutely nothing to their names are typically crossing the border illegally and they are ultimately in the same boat as most other people in poverty. while there are always exceptions to this the majority are not like the people in your company. again, just because exceptional people make it doesn't mean everyone has the same chance. some people are really really smart and have a super strong drive to succeed but the vast majority of humans don't.

most people can't join the military because the military only accepts a certain number of people each year. many are also from crime ridden areas where they are more likely to have a juvenile record preventing them from enlisting. not to mention the lack of education...even though the ASVAB requirements for all branches are abysmally low recruiters are typically going to prefer kids that have more MOS options. and, counter to the stupid code pink retards, the military doesn't try to recruit heavily from impoverished area. at least not as much as they claim

you say the problem is that people live beyond their means. I'm sure that's part of it. but how do you teach that? responsible behavior has to be learned, it is not instinctive. when you have a situation where generations have lived in poverty and broken homes then the typical child that grows up in that environment will learn all the wrong lessons and pass it onto the next generation.

people are a product of their environment. just like you and me. the problem isn't the people, its how the environment around them shapes their perceptions and decisions