Thread Reporter To Fast Food Worker That's Wanting $15 Minimum Wage!

can confirm, did that for a while.

Important to note that a paramedic is not an EMT though.

Average teachers even make $30 an hour.

They don't like it broken down to an hourly wage though because then people realize they only work something like 1300 hours a year compared to a normal persons 1900 hours

Average teachers even make $30 an hour.

They don't like it broken down to an hourly wage though because then people realize they only work something like 1300 hours a year compared to a normal persons 1900 hours
So what, teachers should be paid double. Plus, they may only work 3/4 of the year, but many of them work 60+ hours a week. My mom is a teacher and same with a lot of my friends. Just because the kids aren't in school doesn't mean they aren't still working grading papers and creating lesson plans.

So what, teachers should be paid double. Plus, they may only work 3/4 of the year, but many of them work 60+ hours a week. My mom is a teacher and same with a lot of my friends. Just because the kids aren't in school doesn't mean they aren't still working grading papers and creating lesson plans.
They also spend a lot of their own money on supplies for school.

One of my friends got paid more on the GI Bill (with the additional stipend the Army offers) than his wife did as a teacher.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony

Fast food workers in NY just won a $15/hr wage.

I'm a paramedic. My job requires a broad set of skills: interpersonal, medical, and technical skills, as well as the crucial skill of performing under pressure. I often make decisions on my own, in seconds, under chaotic circumstances, that impact people's health and lives. I make $15/hr.

And these burger flippers think they deserve as much as me?

Good for them.

Look, if any job is going to take up someone's life, it deserves a living wage. If a job exists and you have to hire someone to do it, they deserve a living wage. End of story. There's a lot of talk going around my workplace along the lines of, "These guys with no education and no skills think they deserve as much as us? Fuck those guys." And elsewhere on FB: "I'm a licensed electrician, I make $13/hr, fuck these burger flippers."

And that's exactly what the bosses want! They want us fighting over who has the bigger pile of crumbs so we don't realize they made off with almost the whole damn cake. Why are you angry about fast food workers making two bucks more an hour when your CEO makes four hundred TIMES what you do? It's in the bosses' interests to keep your anger directed downward, at the poor people who are just trying to get by, like you, rather than at the rich assholes who consume almost everything we produce and give next to nothing for it.

My company, as they're so fond of telling us in boosterist emails, cleared 1.3 billion dollars last year. They expect guys supporting families on 26-27k/year to applaud that. And that's to say nothing of the techs and janitors and cashiers and bed pushers who make even less than us, but are as absolutely crucial to making a hospital work as the fucking CEO or the neurosurgeons. Can they pay us more? Absolutely. But why would they? No one's making them.

The workers in NY *made* them. They fought for and won a living wage. So how incredibly petty and counterproductive is it to fuss that their pile of crumbs is bigger than ours? Put that energy elsewhere. Organize. Fight. Win.

Every single one of us has far more in common with that paramedic and any fast food worker than we will ever have with the people who own and run fast food chains. The investors are the ones getting the handouts in the form of our tax dollars subsidizing their employees.

Every single one of us has far more in common with that paramedic and any fast food worker than we will ever have with the people who own and run fast food chains. The investors are the ones getting the handouts in the form of our tax dollars subsidizing their employees.
No.

The franchise owners pay their employees whether the money comes in that day or not. Every day they worry about having money to pay the bills just like your sorry fucking whiney ass.

Your failure in chief knows he's can't provide success to the economy with his shit plan so he's doing his best to transfer the blame to the employers.

FURTHER he believes the economy is a total failure along with the 50% of lower income people who are on the dole so instead of encouraging them to move up the ladder of success, he's decided that a free bag of frozen fries for the lifetime fry guy is a sign of success.

It's so amusing watching you dolts try to shift blame for your total failure.

Here's a brilliant plan by an college student that makes as much sense as a 3rd grader explaining to a parent why they should get a puppy.

aaaaaaand, go:

You should totally open a fast food restaurant and make billions.

My college roommates dad owned around 40 Wendy's and averaged about 50k/yr off of them. Some made more than others. He figured you could expect to make about 100k/yr in a decent location as an owner operator of a single store, but for multiple stores you get to hire managers, then area managers, etc... Cuts into your per store profit of course, but let's you have a lot more.

There's not really a huge profit to spread around, of course everyone's solution is to say the stores should just charge more, but then they will bitch about how expensive food has gotten.

I am so sick of Fox News reporters cutting people off. I seriously cannot stand to listen to them at all because of how rude and immature they are. I cannot even get through that video because of the 'reporter' and how he's treating her. Don't give a shit if she's stupid or not, he's just a rude guy.

You should totally open a fast food restaurant and make billions.

My college roommates dad owned around 40 Wendy's and averaged about 50k/yr off of them. Some made more than others. He figured you could expect to make about 100k/yr in a decent location as an owner operator of a single store, but for multiple stores you get to hire managers, then area managers, etc... Cuts into your per store profit of course, but let's you have a lot more.

There's not really a huge profit to spread around, of course everyone's solution is to say the stores should just charge more, but then they will bitch about how expensive food has gotten.

This is part of the problem. You think I'm talking about franchise owners and not the corporation as a whole using the franchise model to shield them from the consequences of the market.

If your friend's dad was paying minimum wage then he certainly was part of the problem and increasing his own profit margin off everyone else's tax dollars.

Why is it when people need to eat they're just moochers but when people need to spruce up the summer home they're just savvy business people despite both of them taking advantage of government handouts?

also if he averaged 50k/yr from each of the 40 stores that's two million dollars in profit per year. plenty to spread around considering he's not the one doing the work, his employees are

If money isn't coming in then the free market has decreed that they are fucktards in some way, and they get what they deserve. Right?
"they" meaning the employees that get fired to lower cost while they regroup and correct. "they" meaning the full timers that cost more who get fired for more cost effective part timers, and if that doesn't work "they" meaning the franchisors that close and suddenly unemploy the entire staff.

You must be fairly astute to acknowledge the failing labor force participation rate. In fact, you need to go back almost 40 years, to 1978ish, to find such a dismal particpation rate.

Qo38VUS.png

You're exactly right Asa on most of it. Gov't regulation isn't 'free market' but is something the free market will deal with.

It's Friday 13th, and I feel really good about our future at the moment. There may be a teence of hope!

No.

The franchise owners pay their employees whether the money comes in that day or not. Every day they worry about having money to pay the bills just like your sorry fucking whiney ass.
While I don't think there should be a minimum wage AT ALL, your angle is clearly retarded. No business owner continues to keep a business open if its losing money.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor