WTF Reminder, no matter how little info you give they will still find you

That's actually pretty cool. Weather, sunrise and set, angles, flight paths, etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Incorrect. If I took a picture of one of the light fixtures in my loungeroom, no one would be able to find the location of that light fixture. Therefor there does exists a threshold of information required to extract a location. /asa

Incorrect. If I took a picture of one of the light fixtures in my loungeroom, no one would be able to find the location of that light fixture. Therefor there does exists a threshold of information required to extract a location. /asa

i bet given enough resources i could still surmise quite a bit. Certainly that you're in australia. Maybe your region by the paint shade. etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
i bet given enough resources i could still surmise quite a bit. Certainly that you're in australia. Maybe your region by the paint shade. etc.
I bet you couldn't. The light fixture comes from a store that sourced from supply line and also supply Europe. The paint is far too common the world over.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I bet you couldn't. The light fixture comes from a store that sourced from supply line and also supply Europe. The paint is far too common the world over.
Once you posted a photo here of your porch or lanai (;)) and I knew it was not American, figured it was yours. Not really sure how I could tell, just stuff looked different.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
ain't a chance in hell they would have found it without that
No dude. People have been finding their location due to the sun and the stars for hundreds of years. 48 hours of recorded paths of both would have been enough to get a fairly accurate location. Whether they could adequately use that is a different question based on their skills

Its the difference in a brute force hack vs using phishing or other humint