reminder: check your tires when you buy a new car

Ryokurin

Erect Member
Oct 15, 2004
www.ryokurin.net
Marklar
₥0
While in the process of washing my new car I decide to check the pressure since I've had it for about a month and its starting to get warm so I figure its probably a little bit below 30psi which is what it was supposed to come with from the factory. Little did I know that the dealer probably could have killed me at one point. All tires were set to 45psi! I'm surprised as hell that I haven't had a blowout, especially since I've driven about 1100 miles already. I always thought that the stiff ride was because the car kind of has a high center of gravity, not because my tires were probably about to blow.

Moral of the story: Even if something is brand new, check to make sure someone along the line didn't put you in a death trap.

they are 14 inch tires, but it was 15 pounds higher than normal. they did actually have a kind of roundness to it which I thought was the tire but it was because of the pressure.

Here's a pic of one

0062-WS.jpg

15psi over nominal is nowhere near enough to blow a tire. All it will do is cause the tread to wear wrong if it stays that way.

yup, will wear out the middle treads more than the outsides. it's all good, my tires were dry rotted and leaking air, opposite problem, they were going down to 20-25 psi. Just put a new set on. i hate buying tires.

I have about 8 psi in my front tires. I figure since I have no breaks, the more rubber touching the road the better. Wish I had a camera cause it actually looks rather funny.

You've obviously never ridden in a car with nev Beerad.

edit: cause fewer and fewer people here will get the nev thing. :(

I am giving my car back in a couple weeks so we are good!!!! Then I can go buy me an old beater ass Jeep and tear it up in da mudddd.

My tires are P195/55 R15. They are speced for 32max, 44 threshold. That means they are supposed to blow at 44. The difference is if you inflate to 32 on a very cold day, they have room to expand and compress as it gets hot from driving or hotter weather up until breaking point at 44.

You are very lucky indeed good sir. Hot and lucky

:heart: