remedies

ChikkenNoodul said:
Though the price is actually REALLY good for 265 acres of mountaintop in VT, even without the house.

A little paint and I'm sure it would shine

I would tear down that ugly ass thing and build something that looks like it belongs there. Currently it looks like it was pieced together out of an old airport.

:lol: I survived 4 years with a daily hangover (not to re-rail this derail or anything :fly: ) but here are the tricks I've learned:

Headache? 600mg of Advil, and a very large glass of tomato juice. If you're hungover, you're dehydrated, so you need sodium to help retain water, which is why water isn't doing anythign for you except making you throw up... it's not retaining fast enough. Some folks say Gatorade, but that makes my tummy churn, so I stick with a very large glass of tomato juice and then I eat the greasiest breakfast I can find. Those skillets are great with the poatoes, onions, sausage and scrambled eggs, because (this is the gross part) I've found that the tummy issue isn't resolved until you push everything through and out of your system. Empty those bowels!! :lol:

If at all possible, a nap is the sure cure for the headache part because the other 50% of the hangover which isn't dehydration is directly related to sleep deprivation.

All of you folks who say you don't get hangovers, Eff Ewe, I've been an habitual binge drinker for 16 years now and my liver gave me the big middle finger about 6 years ago :fly: If I even look at booze these days I get hungover. My poor liver :(

zengirl said:
:lol: I survived 4 years with a daily hangover (not to re-rail this derail or anything :fly: ) but here are the tricks I've learned:

Headache? 600mg of Advil, and a very large glass of tomato juice. If you're hungover, you're dehydrated, so you need sodium to help retain water, which is why water isn't doing anythign for you except making you throw up... it's not retaining fast enough. Some folks say Gatorade, but that makes my tummy churn, so I stick with a very large glass of tomato juice and then I eat the greasiest breakfast I can find. Those skillets are great with the poatoes, onions, sausage and scrambled eggs, because (this is the gross part) I've found that the tummy issue isn't resolved until you push everything through and out of your system. Empty those bowels!! :lol:

If at all possible, a nap is the sure cure for the headache part because the other 50% of the hangover which isn't dehydration is directly related to sleep deprivation.

All of you folks who say you don't get hangovers, Eff Ewe, I've been an habitual binge drinker for 16 years now and my liver gave me the big middle finger about 6 years ago :fly: If I even look at booze these days I get hungover. My poor liver :(

Going out on a limb here, but wouldn't just not drinking be easier? :confused:

kiwi said:
Going out on a limb here, but wouldn't just not drinking be easier? :confused:
:lol: what fun is that?

I really don't drink much anymore, once in a great while, and most certainly not like I used to.

Sarcasmo said:
I would tear down that ugly ass thing and build something that looks like it belongs there. Currently it looks like it was pieced together out of an old airport.
Yeah, I've seen quite a few places in the northeast that are 'custom built' that are architectural and maintainance nightmares. Mostly from people with a little money, trying to make it look like they have a lot of money.

Arátoeldar said:
Actually I :heart: the new you over the drunken you. :) :cool:

P.S. Tell your hubby he needs to post more.
P.P.S. Tell Fly that I miss him. :(
I :heart: me too, it's the new old me ;) Just me, know what I mean? I see those boys all the time, like every frigging day, I need some space from them, this is my internet. :mad:

j/k

Ryan isn't really a forum guy, I like that about him.

2 reasons for a hangover:

1) Dehydration (alcohol is a diuretic) - causes headaches and leg pains.
2) Alcohol withdrawl (your body becomes addicted for a short period) - hunger that need satiating

resolution: drink a LOT of water before bed and don't go to bed drunk. tipsy maybe, but not drunk. when you wakeup, drink more water and a beer. It'll do the trick.