Thread Remaining silent does not invoke one's right to remain silent. FYI

You should be afraid of mime ninjas.

ninjaenemy145.jpg

lol!

I know of the right. I'm just asking why I need it. If I want to keep my mouth shut, I don't need a right to do so, I simply just do it.

lol!

I know of the right. I'm just asking why I need it. If I want to keep my mouth shut, I don't need a right to do so, I simply just do it.
Oh, that's an entirely different question than asking why you need it.

You do need the right to be enumerated, otherwise the would be the potential of a justice system where your silence - namely, refusing to cooperate with the investigation - could be construed as evidence of guilt. The fact that the right exists is what protects you from that.

As for why you need to say it, cops don't know if you are choosing to remain silent or simply don't understand them. Note that "remaining silent" is just the layman's term; nodding or shaking your head or any other non-verbal clues still qualifies as answering a question and such responses can be used against you in court. Thus, police need to ensure that you know you have the right to not incriminate yourself and that you understand you can have an attorney present.

They're doing their jobs in making that confirmation, nothing more. This case was an example of a suspect being a fucking moron because he did not remain silent and then tried to claim that he did. This in turn forced SCOTUS to make a decision that based on the case they had to work with, set a bad precedent but it's better than the precedent they would have set had the ruled in favor of this idiot.

Last edited:
Note that it still does not warn of the ninja-mime.

it clearly implies that mimes and ninja's are enemies, therefore a ninja-mime hybrid would be michael corvin'ish in qaulities and all the ninja's would try to destroy it while all the mimes tried to save it and at the end of the day, we'd only keep asking for sequals to see kate beckinsale in those skintight black outfits. :drool: