Remain optimistic

FlamingGlory said:
Undoubtably.

Ah, I had thought you were criticizing the war in it's warring function. By which I mean the normal BS my parents are normally on about how we cant tactically win blah blah blah.

The so called 'Republican' administration has essentially disenfranchised their voters and done something incredibly stupid. Giving the even more retarded party the ability to use tools agianst their interest. If people think Bush is bad they have no idea what another Clinton would do to the US with the Patriot Act. :lol: That is another conversation though.
I'm sure there are some aspects of the tactics that could use criticizing as well as support issues (such as inadequate body armor and other supplies) but I'm certainly not qualified to do it. I do think the administration's handling of the whole shebang is under par but then again so is the media's reporting of it. Both of which are simply allowed by the sheer ignorance of populace; they feel that as long as no more planes fly into buildings Uncle Sam should be allowed to do whatever the fuck he pleases.

Last edited:
ceiling fly said:
The press ALWAYS leans the opposite way that you do. Ask a democrat which way the press leans, then ask a republican. The majority of people will say it favors the other party. Why haven't you of all people figured this out?
Duh. I figured that out a long time ago. It's why I dont read editorials. The simple inability of the various segments of the press to report FACTS without adding their opinion is what I'm talking about. CBS news for example, obviously is a almost anti-american lean to it, and they proselytize with their reporting. BBC strangely enough tends to report simple facts and let people draw their own conclusions. All major american news outlets proselytize their viewpoint. Why the hell else do you make fun of FOX?

Well, if you're looking for the mating habits of the flying squirrel... You inferred that all the press is talking about is how we're beating up on the poor, freedom-loving Iraqis and that simply isn't true.
It is true.

FlyNavy said:
I'm sure there are some aspects of the tactics that could use criticizing as well as support issues (such as inadequate body armor and other supplies) but I'm certainly not qualified to do it. I do think the administration's handling of the whole shebang is under par but then again so is the media's reporting of it. Both of which are simply allowed by the sheer ignorance of populace; they feel that as long as no more planes fly into buildings Uncle Sam should be allowed to do whatever the fuck he pleases.
I guarantee it's more a concept of simple ingorance than anything to do with 9/11. If you ask most anyone about 9/11 they will say 'oh it was so long ago blah blah blah'.