GAY RELUBRICANTS Where are you now? lulz

I was looking for an actual #. But after perusing your two links about the same guy,

According to a small Christian movement, yes, it will.

The movement, led by Harold Camping who runs the evangelical station Family Radio, is predicting that mid-May of this year will bring about Judgment Day--the time when, according to some, the earth will be destroyed due to mankind's sins and all Christian believers will ascend to heaven.

(More on TIME.com: Cinematic Vision of the Apocalypse)

Apparently Camping believes this will occur on May 21st because of a mathematical system he created to interpret prophecies hidden in the Bible.

While this prediction is pretty eerie in light of the mysterious animal deaths in Arkansas, it's worth noting that this isn't the first time that Camping has predicted the end of the world.

He originally used his mathematical system to predict Sept. 6, 1994 as Judgement Day.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03...1-2011-be-the-end-of-the-world/#ixzz1HY18Paty

You're up to one guy, who, for some selfproclaimed mathematical error, missed on his first calculation.

out of 300 Million, so far, you got 1 who's looking for a 2nd chance.

it's not even a religious prediction.

If anything, 'religious' types are pointing towards the apocalypse occurring in May if this year.

So, to you, this qualifies as all the 'religious' types.

got it.

what if the purpose of the rapture was actually to remove all of the evil religious people and the rest of us would be left in a non-religious utopia? COME ON RAPTURE!!

I only speak of the Rapture as if it was a carnival ride.

I was looking for an actual #. But after perusing your two links about the same guy,

You're up to one guy, who, for some selfproclaimed mathematical error, missed on his first calculation.

out of 300 Million, so far, you got 1 who's looking for a 2nd chance.

So, to you, this qualifies as all the 'religious' types.

got it.

You really are a rather simple creature, aren't you.

you: "religious types" = one guy with a bad Apocalypse calculator.

let's give you a free 100 followers. I can't document a single one of them, but they'll be my gift to you. you're up to 101 "religious types" out of 300 million Americans. .0000336% of the population.

I'd say you're the simpleton.

Dramatic, but clearly a simpleton.

Last edited:
Last edited:
trusting that the mythical hand of "the market" will channel it to anywhere worthwhile is no better than trusting that the politicians will channel it to the right place

not mythical.

2nd best line:
Unfortunately, too many people think "free market" means pro-business. It doesn't. Free market means laissez faire—prohibit force and fraud, but otherwise leave the marketplace alone. No subsidies, no privileges, no arbitrary regulations. Competition is the most effective regulator.

Semper, do you think we should just have countless untrusted politicians playing with your money, or do you think you're best at playing with your money?

Except it's not that simple. Competition is no more effective a regulator than government oversight. Both are useful together, both are useless by themselves. The problem with the market is that it relies on idiots to "guide" the mythical hand. People make stupid decisions with their money and often not in their best interest since the majority of the population doesn't understand it in the first place.

A businessman is no more or less trustworthy than a politician and they are the ones that ultimately run a "free market", not the consumers. The fantasy that market forces will dictate the best course of action falls apart with a cursory glance at what our society considers important.

People make stupid decisions with their money and often not in their best interest since the majority of the population doesn't understand it in the first place.

so it's best not to add more stupid decisions that are not in their best interest - aka 'politicians.'

People learn from mistakes no matter who is making them. But there's an incentive to me (not a politician) to make the best use of my money for me. Because the politicians interest is in getting re-elected at my expense and this furthers no one except himself. So it's easy to see him bribing 51% of the people with the other 49%s money.

the gov't needs to
prohibit force and fraud
in the marketplace. Not get elected by force and fraud.

speaking of which I just downloaded the entire dawkins collection. didn't realize he had a number of documentaries in addition to the books

you'd think you'd be happy there was an incentive to help out the rest of the world.

what to do with money American companies earn overseas. Right now, if those companies bring that money back into the United States, they have to pay taxes on it.
that money is helping the economies of the rest of the world. What's wrong with that?