GAY RELUBRICANTS Where are you now? lulz

corporations_lincoln_quote.jpg

Last edited:
I say it again and again. Republicans only care about the 2012 election. Not jobs for the people. Not health care for the people. Not foreign policy. Not education. Not anything but getting Obama out of the White House.

Totally agree. It's been 100% their focus since Obama was elected. It makes me want to bang my head against the wall when people just ignore it.

We don't have time to fuck around with debate and crap anymore. We need people who get shit done. Not people who stall and stymie for the sole reason of keeping an opposing party member from getting anything done.

Wait until you see how badly we're going to get raped by our new governor Skeletor, in Florida.

Dude is so deep in the pockets of the corporate enclave he smells like old balls.

And you can't get that smell from your stubble no matter how much you scrub :(

It's my impression that Michigan is FUCKED business-wise. It makes perfect sense to lower corporation tax accordingly. How else will you attract business?

Ohio has 0% corporation tax since 2006 and the number of new companies dropped. No one wants to be in the area, even if it's free.

Problem with 0 corporate tax is that people move to places where they aren't expected to shoulder the complete burden of being able to have a job.

Problem with 0 corporate tax is that people move to places where they aren't expected to shoulder the complete burden of being able to have a job.

:confused: I didn't understand this point. What did you mean?

he's saying it's a disincentive to move somewhere that you have to pick up the tax bill for all the corporations and I agree

he's saying it's a disincentive to move somewhere that you have to pick up the tax bill for all the corporations and I agree

If the corporations aren't paying a tax, it's because the people are paying more to make up for the difference.

I'm hoping this makes this rather simple cause-effect more clear.

This is more clear, but since when did corporations care about people?

"Our company is moving here. If you would like your job, you will follow"

"But it's too expensive"

"Fine, we will find someone in this new area salivating for a new job because they have been out of work for years now, and I am sure they will even take a pay cut just to have employment."

This scenario, however, does not explain why even then companies STILL don't want to invest in Ohio/Midwest. Is it just that much of a cesspool?

This is more clear, but since when did corporations care about people?

"Our company is moving here. If you would like your job, you will follow"

"But it's too expensive"

"Fine, we will find someone in this new area salivating for a new job because they have been out of work for years now, and I am sure they will even take a pay cut just to have employment."

This scenario, however, does not explain why even then companies STILL don't want to invest in Ohio/Midwest. Is it just that much of a cesspool?

Maybe you aren't quite following.

If there aren't people in a place that can be made into employees, then it's pointless to build a company in the same area, regardless of 0 taxes or not.

Also, if people are moving out of state to get jobs elsewhere, then there is not as many people in state to purchase your good or services.

Lastly, if people are paying most of the tax bill to support new corporate business, or, really, the pay off is for existing businesses only, then they have less income to purchase your goods and services.

Thus, 0 corporate tax is a big red flag saying 'We're that desperate, and we know we have absolutely nothing else left to offer you'.

If the corporations aren't paying a tax, it's because the people are paying more to make up for the difference.

I'm hoping this makes this rather simple cause-effect more clear.

Marginal tax rates on income have no effect on investment. Corporate tax rates are the only thing that matter.