Reinstalling Windows on my home comp...

Arthur Pendragon said:
What can I say....I have a few shall we say, idiosyncrasies, that are still following me around from my early days with computers. My first computer was a Sinclair ZX81 since it only had 16k of memory anything I wanted to do more than once needed to be on cassett tape back-up. Old habits die hard I guess.....:D :D :D :D
I've still got backups for a computer I owned 10 years ago...all on about 15 floppy disks :eek:

Viremia said:
I've still got backups for a computer I owned 10 years ago...all on about 15 floppy disks :eek:
Heh heh heh yea, so do I........

long tall smiley said:
Well, it exploded, sending shrapnel throughout my office. Thankfully, my life was spared as a large jagged piece of metal intent on imbedding itself in my chest was deflected by my lifesize Jar Jar Binks plastic mannequin

Has it "clunked" since then? :p

Has anyone seen a CD self destruct in a really high speed drive?

Mondoz said:
Has anyone seen a CD self destruct in a really high speed drive?

I wouldn't really call it self-destructing...

Self-destructing would be if it was just sitting on the desk...waiting for a communist pinko to wander a little too close with his idealistic society and smug grin and then the cd just blows up randomly and sends shards into the little fuckers comunist abdomen and makes him bleed internally until he dies a pitiful communist death.
And it was a windows xp cd.

wr3kt said:

Self-destructing would be if it was just sitting on the desk...waiting for a communist pinko to wander a little too close with his idealistic society and smug grin and then the cd just blows up randomly and sends shards into the little fuckers comunist abdomen and makes him bleed internally until he dies a pitiful communist death.

Right.

Have you seen your medication lately?

Viremia said:
I saw it on MythBusters once, but not in person

Neither have I. :(

I read an account of it happening once... I want to put some spare parts together just to see what happens.

I want to hear the bang. :)

Mondoz said:
Neither have I. :(

I read an account of it happening once... I want to put some spare parts together just to see what happens.

I want to hear the bang. :)
On mythbusters, to get a none defective CD to disentegrate, they had to attach the spindle to a drill and spin it up to something like over 30,000 RPM before it exploded

looked pretty cool

Viremia said:
On mythbusters, to get a none defective CD to disentegrate, they had to attach the spindle to a drill and spin it up to something like over 30,000 RPM before it exploded

looked pretty cool

Yowza.

I read about someone doing it on /. in their regular drive...

wr3kt said:

fucking commies.

So I finally got everything back up and running. Still have to activate and install a bunch of software. And BF Vietnam still crashes. But I think thats my card. It is a lot more responsive now, though.