rediscovering old classics

Thorn Bird said:
have you seen coal miner's daughter? one of my favorite movies.
Dude, I dont think anyone hasnt seen that movie :p

Also this thread needs more Allman Brothers Band/Gov't Mule.

0428. Gov't Mule - [The Deepest End - CD 2 #03] Banks Of The Deep End [6:45]

Thorn Bird said:
i have a new one but not the most recent.

have you seen coal miner's daughter? one of my favorite movies.
I think everyone's seen that movie!

:heart:

They're not all too old, but I've been jamming out to these over the past few months.

Live "Mental jewelry"
The Guess Who "Greatest Hits"
Pearl Jam "Ten"/"Unplugged"
Depeche Mode "Violator"
Jamiroquai "Emergency on Planet Earth"
Paganini's Caprices (This one's old school - I made Amy listen to it)

shawndavid said:
They're not all too old, but I've been jamming out to these over the past few months.

Live "Mental jewelry"
The Guess Who "Greatest Hits"
Pearl Jam "Ten"/"Unplugged"
Depeche Mode "Violator"
Jamiroquai "Emergency on Planet Earth"
Paganini's Caprices (This one's old school - I made Amy listen to it)

all good ones...I've been listening to some depeche mode lately too

FlamingGlory said:

Also this thread needs more Allman Brothers Band/Gov't Mule.

0428. Gov't Mule - [The Deepest End - CD 2 #03] Banks Of The Deep End [6:45]

I used to see govt mule in athens all the time...they'd hang around and drink with you after the shows at the GA theater...I used to love calling their bass player mr woody :fly:...his name's allen woody iirc

and allman bros are one of my alltime faves
my mom and my aunts used to go see them play for free in atlanta's piedmont park in teh late 60's

why_ask_why said:
I used to see govt mule in athens all the time...they'd hang around and drink with you after the shows at the GA theater...I used to love calling their bass player mr woody :fly:...his name's allen woody iirc

my mom and my aunts used to go see them play for free in atlanta's piedmont park in teh late 60's
:cool:

I got an assistant in Nov, and kinda had to share my radio at work. All he ever brought music-wise was Gov't Mule bootlegs and Grateful Dead. It was annoying at first then I started to like them. Still think Grateful Dead is extremely overrated though.

FlamingGlory said:
It was annoying at first then I started to like them. Still think Grateful Dead is extremely overrated though.
I wholeheartedly agree, back when I had hair I wouldn't listen to the Dead if you paid me - because EVERYBODY was doing it (I was a non-comformist to a fault)

Now I like their stuff, but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it

FlamingGlory said:

zengirl said:
I think everyone's seen that movie!

:heart:

I've never seen it. I don't recall if I've even actually heard of it. :eek:

I'm too young to have any of the music I like be considered old, or a classic. But then all I listen to anymore is what Knyte has on in the car or to whatever Disney movie Haylee is watching for the day.

SpangeMonkee said:
If you like Jane's Addiction, you should have a listen to 'Kettle Whistle'. It's a live album that's nice and trippy.

I had everything on that cd years earlier in bootlegs :)

a few acquisitions from lastnight
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
The Police - Outlandos D'Amor
Lenny Kravitz - Mama Said (last good cd before he sold out to the man *shakes fist at whitey*)

ChikkenNoodul said:
I have that on vinyl too :D

And on CD so I can actually listen to it :fly: I 'rediscovered' that one I guess a couple years back

If you have have an original "This Was" on vinyl I'll be damn impressed. It is the only album that Mick Abrams appeared on and had a slight bluesy tinge to it.:cool:

why_ask_why said:

Very Sweet waw. The ABB rock family tree is one of my favorites in music.

Gary Moore - "Grinding Stone"
Not old but semi obscure
Peter Green Splinter Group - "Destiny Road"