Recommend a good book/series.

SpangeMonkee said:
Have you read the Dark Tower series? :)

Never heard of it. Its not like harry potter or some bleh like that?

Edit: Stephen King... okay then i'm checking that out.

Jenna Jameson was supposedly writing a book, you should check that out and then post the good parts.

KNYTE said:
Jenna Jameson was supposedly writing a book, you should check that out and then post the good parts.

That came out months ago.

The Harry Potter books are surprisingly seductive. Recently, however, I've been working my way through the Dune books by Frank Herbert. They are set in an amazingly rich, far-future society that is full of scheming, betrayal, and humanity reaching supernatural levels of dicipline and awareness. Pretty good stuff, in my opinion.

fly said:
I dont think I could sit through another of his books. I know they are all dry subjects, but he lacks anything even remotely close to verve.
I find his writing both learned and witty, it was a joy to read. It helped me to learn and remember complex theories with no real problem what so ever.
Once you get into the way in which he writes, it becomes a breeze to read. I felt he made a slightly "boring" subject come to life with simplicity that has been unmatched by many other books on the subject.

b_sinning said:
Tad Williams - Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series

QFMFT

Great series. And the artist for all the cover art is the same guy that did the cover art for Dark Tower books 1 and 7 (the one I had in the guest room). Tad is a wonderful author. After you finish MST, you can read Otherland too. Both series also come highly reccommended by Taeric.

/thread