Recommend a good book/series.

I was told to check out the wheel of tiem books. GUess they are pretty good.

Maybe try Harry Potter (thats assuming you havent already)
Or the Series of Unfortunate events books....
Chronicles of Narnia??

I could go on...

Oh the DaVinci's Code is quite good. Im about half way through that one

Galen said:
I find his writing both learned and witty, it was a joy to read. It helped me to learn and remember complex theories with no real problem what so ever.
Once you get into the way in which he writes, it becomes a breeze to read. I felt he made a slightly "boring" subject come to life with simplicity that has been unmatched by many other books on the subject.
Hmmm

Maybe he has gotten better. I recently read The Blind Watchmaker, which was written in the 80s. It was very interesting, but VERY dry.

About the only dryer book I have read was about James Hutton. Yeah, I found from that book that geology isn't for me.

itburnswhenipee said:
The Harry Potter books are surprisingly seductive. Recently, however, I've been working my way through the Dune books by Frank Herbert. They are set in an amazingly rich, far-future society that is full of scheming, betrayal, and humanity reaching supernatural levels of dicipline and awareness. Pretty good stuff, in my opinion.

check out brian herbert ;)

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
by Gregory Maguire

Small Gods by Terry Pratchet

On the surface it's a cute story of a fallen god and the one person that really beileves in him, but if you look deeper it's a great story on religion. It deals with people belieiving more in the church and organized religion than the god themselves. It's the best of any of his discworld books and it stands by itself so it doesn't matter if you've read any of the other books.

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett

It's a story about the end of the world that is pretty funny.

Last edited:
Track 5 said:
Anything from Dean Koontz. I just picked up "Velocity" and it somewhat mirrors the movie "Saw." I havent even gotten into the thick of it yet, but so far so good.
That sounds scary. Will I have to sleep with a light on? :omy:

b_sinning said:
It starts going down hill after 6. I still like it but I dislike that a 800 page book only covers a period of time less than a week.

Well they do have to keep branching out into different storylines. Book 4 was 14 days long.

b_sinning said:
It starts going down hill after 6. I still like it but I dislike that a 800 page book only covers a period of time less than a week.

I stopped at the Lord of Chaos.

Coqui said:
Well they do have to keep branching out into different storylines. Book 4 was 14 days long.

True but on book 8 you should stop introducing lots of new characters and start working towards wrapping everything up. I think he's not sure how to end it so he just keeps on writing.

b_sinning said:
True but on book 8 you should stop introducing lots of new characters and start working towards wrapping everything up. I think he's not sure how to end it so he just keeps on writing.

If you write it, they will buy it

Coqui said:
If you write it, they will buy it

Yep. I like Jordan's writing but it seems that once Rand became king/leader of all these countries he just decided to sit around and whine. Get out there and kick some butt.

Is it me or Jordan has all the woman act like bitches in his books?