1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. water
2 c. canned, plain pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, slightly beat eggs with a fork or whisk. Add remaining wet ingredients to eggs and stir well. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir just till evenly mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips. Coat two bread pans evenly with cooking spray. Pour half the mixture into each pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes.

I personally don't think there's a strong pumpkin taste to it -- it seems to me that it's more of a spice bread. And obviously you can leave the chocolate chips out of it. It's good either way. This makes a great teacher gift!

1 lb. sausage, 2 c. shredded cheese, 3 c. bisquick. mush together, roll into balls, bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

next time the cheese will be sharp, the sausage spicy, and i'll dash it all with tobasco. but i feel it needs something else, perhaps.

and they are one of my take-to-the-island foods.

I'd add some finely chopped sauted onion

I would like things that are somewhat nutritious that are easy to make up that I can use for snacks for my one year old and three year old. The one year old doesn't have many teeth, so it has to be easy to gum. Anyone have recipes that fit that?

I have the most amazing recipe for a hot wing dip. And you can even make it healthy. Let me know if anyone is interested

This was really good, fuck you Rachael Ray hatas!

--------------------
Florentine Mac and Cheese and Roast Chicken Sausage Meatballs
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2007
See this recipe on air Sunday Jan. 20 at 11:30 AM ET/PT.
Show: 30 Minute Meals
Episode: Mac and Cheese Goes Green

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
Salt
1 pound cavatappi corkscrew shaped hallow pasta
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
Black pepper
2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano, divided
1 egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs, plus more, if needed*
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 boxes, 10 ounces, chopped frozen spinach
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup whole milk
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg, eyeball it

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Place a large pot of water on to boil for pasta. When it comes to a boil, salt it and add the pasta to cook to al dente. Strain pasta reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.

While the water is coming to a boil, in a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, salt and pepper, rosemary, fennel seeds, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano - a rounded handful, egg and bread crumbs. *If the mixture seems too wet, add a handful of bread crumbs and mix together.

Form 8 large round balls, about 3 to 4-inches. Coat balls in a couple of tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and lightly grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange balls on the baking sheet and roast 17 to 18 minutes until juices run clear.

Defrost spinach in microwave 8 to 10 minutes on "defrost" setting depending on the microwave. Place the boxes in a shallow dish to catch any run off.

While the meatballs roast, in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter, whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in stock and milk, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and thicken 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 cup grated Parmigiano and reduce heat on lowest setting.

Wring spinach completely dry in clean kitchen towel then separate as you add it to the sauce. Also add the reserved 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.

Toss pasta with the spinach-white sauce and adjust seasonings.

Serve Florentine Mac-n-Cheese with 2 meatballs per person along side.

It was really yummy.. and very visually appealing!

Its not at all the typical orange mac and cheese... its spiral pasta with a alfredo spinach sauce!

So for dinner Saturday night, I cooked up a rib-eye steak that I had dry aged in the fridge wrapped in cheesecloth for 3 days. I pan seared it up in a cast iron skillet preheated in the oven at 500 degrees. About 30 secs on each side on the stove top, then back into the oven for about 2 minutes a side. Simple and delicious. The dry age process really did concentrate the meaty taste of the steak. When I can plan ahead like that, I will definitely be doing this again.

April made some delishus taters to go along with it that she can maybe provide the recipe for...

I thought you were supposed to dry age for like 30-45 days? would 3 really make a difference in comparison to that?

I thought you were supposed to dry age for like 30-45 days? would 3 really make a difference in comparison to that?

Well, if you have a professional setup yes. But Ive only got a fridge, where the humidity is too low to keep a steak for 30 days. And yes, it does make a difference. Maybe it doesn't taste EXACTLY the same as a high quality dry aged steak, but it tastes MUCH better than the steak that went in there...

Recipes? Who uses those?

I like to take Alton Brown's knowledge of what works well with what, then apply it to whatever tastes I am in the mood for. For instance, I made a chocolate souffle before. I am allergic to chocolate so I'd never made one before. But I applied his teaching of double boiling chocolate to melt, how to make a ganache, the technique to fold, the technique to break eggs on a flat surface so there are fewer small shell pieces, how to beat the whites to get a good folding consistency, etc.

Dash a bit of flour for the ingredients to adhere to something, bake until a pin pressed through comes out clean.

Apparently it was delicious.

I do that with all of my "recipes"; just make to taste what you want applying techniques and complementary flavors during.

For meatballs, I prefer to do a pan sear (with iron of course as that holds the heat more consistently) then bake to finish (if needed) with diced onion and fresh herbs.

A quick dish I like is to take a banana pepper, split it in half lengthwise, empty out the seeds to make like wells for filling. Brown some hot italian sausage like you would ground meat, not like patties or sausage links. Sometimes after browning I throw some herbage in there, too, with some black pepper. Then stuff the peppers (that are laid out on a foiled cookie sheet for easy clean up) with the meat. Put a nice sharp shredded cheese on top and bake. I like my meat crispy in this dish because I like the texture contrast, so I bake them until the cheese just starts turning brown. You can, however, just broil the dish from the beginning (of course keeping the oven cracked open so the broiler stays on) but then the peppers don't get cooked properly I don't think.

I definitely need to figure out how to cook meat more properly as well as the fine art of grilling. I am absolutely rubbish at it.

Well, if you have a professional setup yes. But Ive only got a fridge, where the humidity is too low to keep a steak for 30 days. And yes, it does make a difference. Maybe it doesn't taste EXACTLY the same as a high quality dry aged steak, but it tastes MUCH better than the steak that went in there...

ah, makes sense.

I have a very quick and easy pork tenderloin recipe.

2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbps chopped rosemary
salt
pepper

Mix together, pour over tenderloin, put in oven at 425 for about 45 minutes.

Comes out deliciously juicy.