Food Recipe sExchange

Re: Recipe Exchange

Only in America would they put bouillon cubes in a classic dish like this. nasty.

yeah, I hate recipes that start with to make a good chicken soup, start with a chicken bouillon cube

my roomate from college wanted to help when I decided to make everyone a turkey dinner

"I'll make the salsa, I know a good homemade recipe"
going to the store, what do you need
"well first of all, I need two jars of salsa"
:wtf: (he wasn't kidding, he thought adding canned corn and an avocado to salsa made it homemade)

STOCK is what you want. it has more body to it. i'll post a pic of the chicken stock i made a couple weeks back in the mms thread. it was a huge batch, but i portion and freeze it.

Do any of you guys smoke stuff or anything? We got one of those Big Green Eggs, and we've been having fun making brisket and ribs and pulled pork and stuff. Now that it's cold out we might try smoking some cheeses.

Do any of you guys smoke stuff or anything? We got one of those Big Green Eggs, and we've been having fun making brisket and ribs and pulled pork and stuff. Now that it's cold out we might try smoking some cheeses.

yes, i have a bradley smoker, i've made pulled pork in it, ribs, bacon, cheese, chickens and turkey breasts. you have to be able to smoke cheese at a rather low temp for it to turn out properly though, not sure if a BGE can go low enough

yes, i have a bradley smoker, i've made pulled pork in it, ribs, bacon, cheese, chickens and turkey breasts. you have to be able to smoke cheese at a rather low temp for it to turn out properly though, not sure if a BGE can go low enough

that's why we were waiting until winter to even give it a shot, our back deck faces the west so we get blasted with sun, and in the summer there was no way to do anything low and slow :(

we also want to make our own bacon :drool:

that's why we were waiting until winter to even give it a shot, our back deck faces the west so we get blasted with sun, and in the summer there was no way to do anything low and slow :(

we also want to make our own bacon :drool:

i made a front page article about it, check it out

I've got a Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker, that I use a couple times a month. Love it.

Hit up http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ - it's a site dedicated to the Weber smokers, but you can make anything on there with an egg and their forums are a goldmine of info.

Another suggestion: if you've got a few bucks to spare, get a BBQ Guru temperature controller setup. I've got a cheap-ass 'PartyQ' and I'll never go back to futzing with the vents.

Leave it outside, and put a cover over it.

Bradley's have a decent resale, they don't really go obsolete and there's a decent number of people using them. They're really great for cold smoking - smoking soft cheese without melting it pretty much requires a bradley. Hell, I'd probably buy it off you if you sold it and you were in my area. And the electric controls are pretty much foolproof - shit just works and you don't really have to watch it.

About the only thing wrong with them is you end up listening to people's opinion that "the taste isn't the same as charcoal"

Go for it.

bradleys also have a pretty sweet forum for mods and stuff. adding temp controlled PID's and dual elements and whatnot. it's like a foodie + geek paradise.

and the one you posted has some fucked up pics....lol.

the only downfall to smoking with a bradly is you dont get a smoke ring, beacause they don't burn the wood, they cook it, which creates less carcinogens - so its really a good thing.

I've got a Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker, that I use a couple times a month. Love it.

Hit up http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ - it's a site dedicated to the Weber smokers, but you can make anything on there with an egg and their forums are a goldmine of info.

Another suggestion: if you've got a few bucks to spare, get a BBQ Guru temperature controller setup. I've got a cheap-ass 'PartyQ' and I'll never go back to futzing with the vents.

We have the CyberQ and the Pit Viper fan. Thanks for the site! And also, good to "see" you again, I haven't seen you around since probably right after the accident, you stopped coming 'round on IRC :(