Food Recipe sExchange

Re: Recipe Exchange

Last time we low-carbed it, the gf did a turkey burger that sat on a grilled portabello topped with arugala, burger had roasted red peppers on it and was topped with melted swiss. Was excellent, will find recipe and post

omg, my (obviously Jewish) grandma makes the best matzoh ball soup in the world. How can you not like the ballssszzz???

well I mainly love the soup itself... I like kreplach (Jewish dumplings) though you don't see them much or sometimes egg noodles

ok so here is the recipe:

For you averege large soup pot:

1 package of chicken legs (roughly 6)
1 package of turkey legs (usually three)
1-2 bunches of leeks (3-6 depending on size)
4-6 onions depending on size (4 large or 6 medium)
One bag of baby carrots (if no bags available peel 4-5 carrots)
3 parsnips
2 turnips
Fresh Dill
Fresh Parsley

Spices needed:
Sage
Garlic Powder
Lemon Pepper
Black Pepper
Salt
Paprika
Oregano

Fill pot 2/3 of way with water and put on high, while its heating, skin the legs both turkey and chicken and put in pot. Add salt at this point but none of the other spices.

Ideally, you boil this for a few hours, let it cool either overnight or at least for a few hours.

Clean and cut leeks, onions, carrots, parsnips, turnips in chunks (do not dice)

Put in pot and reheat to boil.

While boiling, finely dice the parsley (half the bunch usually) and dill (about 3/4 of bunch) and put it with the spices... heavier on lemon pepper, paprika, garlic the other but adjust to taste

Cook for another 3-4 hours on low and serve.... btw it keeps well in the fridge for about 2 weeks thereafter

That's a lot of food, but i might have to try that for a family gathering later this year.

One of my favorite breakfast cakey things:
BuckleRecipe
[h=2][FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT][/h][h=3][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Forthe cake:[/FONT][/h]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nonstick cooking spray[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9 ounces cake flour, approximately 2 cups[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1 teaspoon baking powder[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 teaspoon kosher salt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 teaspoon ground ginger[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5 1/4 ounces sugar, approximately 3/4 cup[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1 large egg[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup whole milk[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]15 ounces fresh whole blueberries, approximately 3 cups[/FONT]

[h=3][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Forthe topping:[/FONT][/h]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3 1/2 ounces sugar, approximately 1/2 cup[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1 1/2 ounces cake flour, approximately 1/3 cup[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cubed[/FONT]
[h=2][FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]Directions[/FONT][/h][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Forthe cake:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Preheatthe oven to 375 degrees F.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Spraya 9 by 9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ina medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, saltand ground ginger. Set aside.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Inthe bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat togetherthe butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy,approximately 1 minute. Add the egg and beat until well incorporated,approximately 30 seconds. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat onlow speed just until incorporated and then add 1/3 of the milk andbeat until incorporated. Repeat, alternating flour and milk untileverything has combined. Gently stir in the blueberries and pour themixture into the prepared baking dish.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Forthe topping:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ina small bowl combine the sugar, flour and nutmeg. Add the butter andwork into the dry ingredients using a fork to combine. Continue untilthe mixture has a crumb-like texture. Sprinkle the mixture on top ofthe cake. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes or untilgolden in color. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.[/FONT]

Home Made Bleu Cheese, shit's awesome

FreshBleu Cheese Dressing
(from Joy of Cooking)

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1 Tbsp fresh lemonjuice
1 tsp finely mincedgarlic
6 drops Worcestershire

Mix; add 4 oz crumbledblue cheese or Roquefort
Thin with buttermilk todesired thickness

(I add a tablespoon ortwo of sherry, for the flavor – but not enough to make it runny. And buy a good Danish, or Wisconsin cheese; Publix brand doesn’thave much flavor.)

And, my favorite recipe of ever, fucking great for cold winters (not that there are any in fucking Tampa)

BeefBurgundy

1 lb beef, preferablylean sirloin
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp minced driedonion
1 tsp garlic
½ lb fresh, slicedmushrooms
¼ cup red wine
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup water
paprika
chopped fresh parsely
dash of dried basil

Cut meat into smallbite-size pieces
Brown in butter mixedwith oil
Add wine, water,bouillon, spices
Simmer on low heatuntil meat is tender
Add mushrooms. Coverand continue to simmer
When cooked down,thicken with flour
Add another ¼ cup ofred wine before serving

Serve over mashed orlumped potatoes, with crusty French bread.

[h=1]Lumped potatoes[/h]

Boil quartered new(redskin) potatoes, or white potatoes, until tender
Drain water offpotatoes; add several pats of butter, and a half-pint ofroom-temperature sour cream. You can add minced chives if you like.
Stir enough to geteverything evenly mixed, but only enough to leave the pieces ofpotato in big lumps. Serve while still hot.

FUCKING FLY, YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING FUCK
FIX WHATEVER FUCKUP IS DELETING THE GOD DAMNED SPACES

I FUCKING HATE YOUUUUUUUU

I am sorry sir, that was a little hateful

Seriously an excellent recipe.

In the civilized world (Europe) it's called Beef Bourguignon and is improved by the addition of smoked bacon (isn't everything), a tbsp of tomato puree and the use of goose fat instead of oil/butter. For real treats have celeriac mash with it.

In the civilized world (Europe) it's called Beef Bourguignon and is improved by the addition of smoked bacon (isn't everything), a tbsp of tomato puree and the use of goose fat instead of oil/butter. For real treats have celeriac mash with it.

way to make it complicated and not kosher to boot

Only in America would they put bouillon cubes in a classic dish like this. nasty.