Food Recipe sExchange

Recipe I discovered while a bit buzzed last night

Milk + teaspoon of vanilla + teaspoon of sweetener = yummy "vanilla milk" (why should chocolate get all the press)

i'm friends w/a large farmer & they sell this stuff in their store.

http://amishjam.com/

it's def worth the shipping, & if you got a few, they'd be great gifts for ppl that haven't had it.
Checking this out.
never used stumbleUpon. I was googling 'dutch oven' & that site talked about using it for bread.

organize????? LOL! I have a bookmark called 'recipes' and a thick yellow folder in the kitchen with the ones that have been printed off!
Try Evernote. There is a browser plugin that will 'clip' the recipes that you like and store them in an easy to find format for later. A+++++ would recoomend!

Making turkey flips out of christmas dinner leftovers :drool:

Basically chop up a bunch of turkey meat, potatoes, carrots, peas, whatever you've got. Mix in dressing (or stuffing or whatever you call the stuff wherever you are) and lube the mixture up with a bit of gravy. I ended up with 4-5 pounds of mixture.

Then make a pie crust recipe, enough for 4 pies - divide that into 16 "quarter pie sized" portions. Roll each portion out into a 6" round, fill with the leftover mixture, and fold it up like a pizza pop. Poke a few holes in it and bake until it's golden.

They're like a turkey dinner pop-tart, and they're fucking amazing. They freeze well too if you've got a foodsaver, and they're good "bring to work" food.

Pictures to follow!

Re: Recipe Exchange

Could you also just bake it up into a pie? Sounds delicious!
I s'pose you could - I'd do it up like a tortiere or apple pie, so you get a lot of pastry for the amount of filling. The filling's good by itself but it's the pastry that brings the awesome.

Anyway, crappy cellphone pics. Chopped up leftover mixture:
bevy8u3a.jpg

Folding into pastry:
uzu3emuv.jpg

Ready to bake:
epuny3aq.jpg

:drool:...
e8enaqus.jpg

Last edited:
Home Made Bleu Cheese, shit's awesome

FreshBleu Cheese Dressing
(from Joy of Cooking)

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1/8 cup chopped parsley
1 Tbsp fresh lemonjuice
1 tsp finely mincedgarlic
6 drops Worcestershire

Mix; add 4 oz crumbledblue cheese or Roquefort
Thin with buttermilk todesired thickness

(I add a tablespoon ortwo of sherry, for the flavor – but not enough to make it runny. And buy a good Danish, or Wisconsin cheese; Publix brand doesn’thave much flavor.)
I made this tonight.

Gotta let it set for an hour at least to let all the flavors marry

728737_564991380180888_214566195_o.jpg

Already tastes good as fuck.

Protip: Depending on what may you use, you may not need as much lemon juice. I believe that Duke's brand mayo has less of a lemon flavor than Hellman's or some of the other brands, and it is what my dad prefers for the recipe.
As a result of this, I usually just sorta half-ass measure everything as it ends up getting a pinch of this or a dash of that to balance it all properly.