Recent Documents - This is a COOL Thread! April23 Approved

My terribly exciting one

cnrecent2.jpg

Drool-Boy said:
wtf ogrish from work?

Theyd bounce my ass out the front gate if they caught me lookin at that shit from work:p
:D

edit: I get drunk with the head of IT in my office building

b_sinning said:
I'm the Network Infrastructure Manager. Ise gots a fancy title.

Awesome! Could you come down the street and explain to these people how to manage their network. :lol:

They call me a Data Architect/Administrator; I'm not really sure what that means though.

I work in the SSU Institutional Research Dept. as a programmer/database analyst.

ERage said:
Awesome! Could you come down the street and explain to these people how to manage their network. :lol:

They call me a Data Architect/Administrator; I'm not really sure what that means though.

I work in the SSU Institutional Research Dept. as a programmer/database analyst.

I can tell you what that means :p
it means you do data modeling and db support :)

why_ask_why said:
I can tell you what that means :p
it means you do data modeling and db support :)

In the perfect world yes, I would be getting off by drawing Entity-Relationship Diagrams which is what I enjoy doing.

data modeling and db support here = "Get me data that proves this" which is my pet peeve because real research studies data first and then forms a conclusion. Around here the desired conclusion is formed first and then they look for something to support it. :tard:

I was originally contracted to come here and design strategic planning and budgeting database and software which did turn out to be a pretty badass program. (my first professional program that surpassed 20,000 lines of code which isn't bad considering i'm the only person working on the project)

Last edited:
ERage said:

I live in Thunderbolt so I'll just drop by on my way home.

We're about to have a few database analyst and programmer positions become open. You ever use COGNOS?

b_sinning said:
I live in Thunderbolt so I'll just drop by on my way home.

We're about to have a few database analyst and programmer positions become open. You ever use COGNOS?

I've never used COGNOS. The equivalent for business intelligence software on this campus would be my Crystal Enterprise Server and Crystal Reports v10. That is mostly what I use to develop and deliver reports via internet, intranet, ftp, smtp, etc. Occasionally I use asp.net to shell out web reports to the public.

I'm not really looking to change jobs or anything at the moment (unless the $$$ was right :D ) My wife and I have a plan that we will be leaving Savannah sometime next year. JJ and Bast don't know it yet but I have a plan in the works to drag them along with us. Wanna move north with us JJ? :heart:

ERage said:
I've never used COGNOS. The equivalent for business intelligence software on this campus would be my Crystal Enterprise Server and Crystal Reports v10. That is mostly what I use to develop and deliver reports via internet, intranet, ftp, smtp, etc. Occasionally I use asp.net to shell out web reports to the public.

I'm not really looking to change jobs or anything at the moment (unless the $$$ was right :D ) My wife and I have a plan that we will be leaving Savannah sometime next year. JJ and Bast don't know it yet but I have a plan in the works to drag them along with us. Wanna move north with us JJ? :heart:

north?? :barf:
jj & bast, don't dooo eeet :fly:

how far north is north? I grew up in NY and I will NEVER live there again

why_ask_why said:
north?? :barf:
jj & bast, don't dooo eeet :fly:

how far north is north? I grew up in NY and I will NEVER live there again

It looks like it's going to be Michigan. I've lived in Pittsburgh and....FFS yes for a short while in West Virginia. But I think I could deal with Michigan. Besides, I'll be able to do a serious graduate program at the University of Michigan