Real quick tech question

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Here's one area I haven't been keeping up in : flash memory. What's the current fastest read speed available in any flash memory format (USB, CF, SD, etc.)? I see that Sandisk has their Extreme IV CF card rated at 40Mb/sec and can't seem to find faster. Anyone? Also, if you've used it, do you have many problems with data corruption?

Can't vouch for speed but in all my experience with them, only one has ever gotten corrupted (this is a sample size including myself, all the techs I work with, users I support - which was the corrupted one so take that as you may - and my friends.)

it looks like that thing would be impossible to plug into any USB port on most computers unless you had a extension wire. my boss had a 8GB memorex travel drive but it failed after a couple of months...it was not true flash memory either.

did you see the view of the back?

did you see the view of the back?

I just looked, is that a wire or a solid piece of plastic? I just don't like the idea of a flat card running perpendicular to the usb port...seems like there would be too much crap to hit or get tangled in. if that is a flex wire back there then that would be pretty cool.

I just looked, is that a wire or a solid piece of plastic? I just don't like the idea of a flat card running perpendicular to the usb port...seems like there would be too much crap to hit or get tangled in. if that is a flex wire back there then that would be pretty cool.

guessing it would be a wire...for obvious reasons it wouldn't be too advantageous to make it solid