Food Real life mysteries you would like explained.

Excellent question. For me it's a part of the 6th sense question. In the "5 senses" realm we couldn't possibly know someone else's intent. We can neither touch, nor taste, nor see, nor hear, nor smell anyone's intent yet we all seem to be able to determine what it is.

Intent happens in the mind. We may be able to make an assumption of their intent after they have acted on it in such a way we can see, hear, taste, feel, or smell, but those are still educated guesses. We cannot know what someone else is thinking before they act or communicate it in some way. Unless of course you have a sixth sense, such as is common among those with spouses and/or children.
What do you really know? NOTHING. So shut up!

I would also like to know how with 7+ Billion people in the world, people still have an undescribable attraction to a single person and deem them "the one". Surely there has to be more than one, no? If there was only one, and you couldn't wander the earth far enough to find them, surely there must be more hermits, right?

whether or not there is only "one" sometimes you'll find a person that may or may not be very compatible but where the attraction - physical and emotional - hooks inside you like an addiction. being with this person, talking to them, thinking about them, just seeing their face unleashes a torrent of dopamine and you find yourself unable to have a stray thought in your head without that person being the focus

plus there's body chemistry. sometimes you find the person that just smells right. tastes right. makes your hand tingle every time you touch theirs. the way your body chemistry and their body chemistry interact then gets associated with that dopamine release so it becomes a whole fucking cycle of desire for this one individual. everything else goes out the window

but there's no reason to think there's only one person in the world that can do that and there's no guarantee you'll be that person for anyone at all

• Gravy
Reactions: Applesauce
As much as I would like to think DB Cooper made it and lived happily ever after, the odds of that happening are a bit thin. They're there, but thin. Although somebody supposedly did find some buried cash, so there's hope.

I always find this one delightful for how small it is compared to other mysteries or conspiracy theories. Dude stole some cash and got away with it. It's great

whether or not there is only "one" sometimes you'll find a person that may or may not be very compatible but where the attraction - physical and emotional - hooks inside you like an addiction. being with this person, talking to them, thinking about them, just seeing their face unleashes a torrent of dopamine and you find yourself unable to have a stray thought in your head without that person being the focus

plus there's body chemistry. sometimes you find the person that just smells right. tastes right. makes your hand tingle every time you touch theirs. the way your body chemistry and their body chemistry interact then gets associated with that dopamine release so it becomes a whole fucking cycle of desire for this one individual. everything else goes out the window

but there's no reason to think there's only one person in the world that can do that and there's no guarantee you'll be that person for anyone at all

That's a helluva lotta Dr. Ruth shit for someone who spends their free time with empty, unfulfilled women and even emptier self loathing men.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I've been fascinated with the Franklin expedition for years. Though not much of a mystery anymore. I think they've found both the Erebus and Terror, still sunk but they know where now.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I've butchered many a chicken and never run across a nugget. How does that work?
OECkVfA.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer