Food Real life mysteries you would like explained.

since I might be complicit on some level and need representation

How long have you known about it and let it slide? I’m the last person who you’d want to hear from on this, but I don’t see how you’re complicit unless you were aware of the fake ID thing for awhile and did nothing. If you recently figured it out and quit shortly after, I see no complicit behavior there.

I'd rather give no advice than bad advice.
But sounds like you should first retain a lawyer and lay the situation out. Then you and your lawyer go to the police.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
How long have you known about it and let it slide? I’m the last person who you’d want to hear from on this, but I don’t see how you’re complicit unless you were aware of the fake ID thing for awhile and did nothing. If you recently figured it out and quit shortly after, I see no complicit behavior there.
Known - Few weeks. Told the asshole "this is a bad idea". "Shut up, put that information in the back of the file, I'll use it if she becomes troublesome". Yeah, he figures he'll blackmail her into accepting whatever settlement he puts in front of her. I had already been pushing paper on her claim for a few months.

Few weeks. Told the asshole "this is a bad idea". "Shut up, put that information in the back of the file, I'll use it if she becomes troublesome". Yeah, he figures he'll blackmail her into accepting whatever settlement he puts in front of her.

I'd think you're still in the realm of not being complicit. If you said months instead of weeks that'd be trouble.

This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

Known - Few weeks. Told the asshole "this is a bad idea". "Shut up, put that information in the back of the file, I'll use it if she becomes troublesome". Yeah, he figures he'll blackmail her into accepting whatever settlement he puts in front of her. I had already been pushing paper on her claim for a few months.

Known for a few weeks, then already pushing claim papers for months? You didn’t know, not complicit. It sounds like you knew for a short period of time, then quit.

Fuuuuck.. Nobody decent(yeah, I know, what attorney is decent) will talk to me about this without at least a $1k retainer, since I might be complicit on some level and need representation. I was notified about the BS too late in the game. Guess I am going to have to bite the big one on that retainer shit.

Thanks for the replies, all.
proud of you for doing the right thing man. Most folks wouldnt when it would impact their livelihood

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
As far as the attorney, report him to the bar. After reading more details, that is absolutely an ethics complaint that he knew she was committing other fraud and intended to blackmail it with her.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
proud of you for doing the right thing man. Most folks wouldnt when it would impact their livelihood
Thank you. I may be a dick at times but I try to have a fairly solid moral compass on important shit. How I am going to roll this:
Report it through National Insurance Fraud Bureau. Not anonymously. If I go anonymously, I can't ask for mercy from any fallout. At least I took no money or any stupid shit. I'll only give the dirt on her, they can take it from there. If the attorney and I were both wrong about her , then it ends there. IF it goes further it goes further. I can't help that, I TOLD that asshole it was bad news, we should drop her immediatly, etc. "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY PRACTICE!!!!"
"no u!"

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
How I am going to roll this:
Report it through National Insurance Fraud Bureau. Not anonymously. If I go anonymously, I can't ask for mercy from any fallout. At least I took no money or any stupid shit. I'll only give the dirt on her, they can take it from there. If the attorney and I were both wrong about her , then it ends there. IF it goes further it goes further. I can't help that, I TOLD that asshole it was bad news, we should drop her immediatly, etc. "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY PRACTICE!!!!"
"no u!"
It is done. :(

Not really. Kinda sad, bit scared/"triggered". Gotta wade into the shit pool to pull the drain plug. . . A few innocents(co-workers) will have to find new jobs if it goes badly. At least the job market is really strong here right now so they(and me) got that going for us. :)
Sounds like you did the right thing. That takes guts, man. A lot of people would freeze up.