Food Real life mysteries you would like explained.

....? ... Is this one of them jokes where you trick me into shattering my window?
You know, like when I tell people to throw hot water on their windshield to defrost it on cold mornings?
No joke! I saw it in a camping vid. 'if you're camping and forgot your sharpening stone' The guy pulls out his pocket knife and c a r e f u l l y dragged it along the edge a few times like a sharpening steel. TBH - It looked more like something you'd do if you already had a really decent blade edge but wanted something sharper for personal surgery/fish hook removal, etc. If you feel the edge of your window, it feels like a really fine grit and not something that's going to work in any reasonable amount of time for 'sharpening' your axe or a really dull knife.

I must have 4 or 5 partial rolls of Teflon tape/plumbers thread tape laying around various places. Can never find one when I need it, go get another. Then some day when I don't need it, "Ah!, there it is. Man I can never find that shit when I need it".

Any Japanese car has a built in feature that mysteriously disappears and reappears 10mm sockets the same way.

my kid likes to unspool those. I think im down to one or two cause the ones i left around ended up ruined. the white crappy ones she did me a favor. But the thick grey nice ones... that i shouldnt have left in kidreach.

Macgyver.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer