Halp Re-doing Home setup (IT-wise)

If the deal is going to last 6 months, then sure....otherwise don't worry about it for the moment.

I am sure there will be another deal by then. Let me know when you are looking for systems and I will start looking then. :heart:

Explain the first?

And yeah I was going to pull 3 drops and 1 coax anyways.

With Windows 7, you can install the Windows Home Server connector for it. It let's you do things like automatically stash TV recordings done by your HTPC up on the server for other people in your house to watch. WHS pretty much makes a perfect back end for your movie and music storage as well.

With Windows 7, you can install the Windows Home Server connector for it. It let's you do things like automatically stash TV recordings done by your HTPC up on the server for other people in your house to watch. WHS pretty much makes a perfect back end for your movie and music storage as well.

Oh....by whack it up, I thought you meant screw up.

Windows 7 Media Center + WHS + MediaBrowser plugin = Sexy DVR/mediaplayer

edit: And you don't have a spare box laying around for WHS???

Gotcha. Well that would still work if you needed it to. 80mbps will get ya streamin HD no problem, and sata1 should do that no prob...

Yeah if it was $1000+ to upgrade, I would live with it. But we're talking ~$300 if I built myself (not counting storage.)

:cool: Now hopefully this will stay when I'm ready to purchase.

Fry's runs those combo deals once a month usually for those cheapie boards. They have a Sempron + MSI board for $35 AR now.

Last edited: