Rant - Dentist

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0
So I go to the dentist today. First I get there early thinking how nice it would be to help keep them on schedule. Well they are closed form 1 to 2 for lunch. SO about 5 after they oen the door and I go in...to wait 10 minutes. The dentist I usually see has sold the practice. Well they used to have stuff for you to go brush your teeth before the vist...the drawers that they had them in are practcally empty. They have a tooth bush but no tooth paste. So I fantically chew some gum. I sit down and the hygenist does the usual poking and prodding. "Looks good she says" "No bleeding". We I guess this was bad because at that point I think she made it her mission to make me bleed. She grabs the metal hooks and starts scraping and digging. Its bad when they take their gloved hand out of your moth and the gloves are red. :( It was not fun. So then she flosses me...which is not easy because my teeth are REALLY close together...slip, pop and ouch! SHe pushed too hard trying to get the floss in. She then polishes and the dentist comes in....to look in my mouth for a max of 2 minutes. She lighty (thank God) pokes around and says, you have pretty teeth. No Cavities at least.

One cool thing though is that they have a parafin wax thingy that they did right before I sat down. Although it doesn't make up for the pain! That was my gum behotch!

Does anyone actually like going to the dentist?

Last edited:
fly said:
you lost me at the paraffin thingie
Paraffin wax things...

comfortstore_1861_5664745.gif

Valve1138 said:
I think all hygenists are into S&M. Is it really neccessary to floss your teeth that hard?
I even warned her...as if after 20 minutes of prodding my mouth with a metal spike she can't tell that my teeth are really close together. She tried not to do it...but she ended up doing it anyway. At least she felt bad about it...or did she?

:shifty:

Dental hygenists are trained sadists... :(

I've never had a cavity in my life yet they still make me bleed everytime I come in. My eye doctor is worse though...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, I don't get the wax thing at all

"Medical professionals turn to warm paraffin therapy to increase range of motion, soothe arthritis pain, apply heat to muscles and soft tissues, deeply moisturize overdry skin, and facilitate exercise warm-ups."

JJ Lady said:
masochist!
:lol: no, she's really nice, she's this 4' tall indian woman and she does everything herself. I've always been terrified of dentists and she's sooo nice and extra careful. I had to be fit for a crown a few months ago and she had an especially hard time (my mouth is too small, go figure) but my gums never bled :fly:

They say the more you floss the less your gums will bleed. Apparenlty it bleeds because the bacteria that's there grows and irratates the skin and makes it more sensitive. My dentist tried to tell me that there's been a link between that bacteria and heart disease. And that flossing helps reduce the bacteria and the risk of heart disease. :rollseyes: