Ontopic Randomness

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
Since I haven't been around in 5 or 6 or more years...
What's been going on? All the current threads look really long...

Hi
I'm newish. To you at least.
A lot of people came over from Genmay about two years ago. If you know what Genmay is.

Who are you?

I came from Genmay when the original people came from genMay along with my husband HydroSqueegee. On GenMay my name was HiFiGirly as well.
Eventually life got busy and I quit getting on the forum. Hydrosqueegee and I have 3 kids so usually I don't have a lot of time. Right now my kids have been out of school 10 of the last 11 days because of a 5 day weekend then snow/weather days. I'm cooped up and loosing my mind. Looking for something to distract me and here I am.

What age are the kiddos? Mine are 11, 8, and 7. Luckily I'm in phoenix so they don't have to cancel for snow often (ever).

I came from Genmay when the original people came from genMay along with my husband HydroSqueegee. On GenMay my name was HiFiGirly as well.
Eventually life got busy and I quit getting on the forum. Hydrosqueegee and I have 3 kids so usually I don't have a lot of time. Right now my kids have been out of school 10 of the last 11 days because of a 5 day weekend then snow/weather days. I'm cooped up and loosing my mind. Looking for something to distract me and here I am.
I'm married to Coqui. I have popped in an out for the last handful of years due to taking care of my own kid. We were only out 2 days last week, but my son was sick one day and we had a 3 day weekend prior. Finally back today (yay) but I know the feeling of being all cooped up.

• Gravy
Reactions: HifiGirly
I'm married to Coqui. I have popped in an out for the last handful of years due to taking care of my own kid. We were only out 2 days last week, but my son was sick one day and we had a 3 day weekend prior. Finally back today (yay) but I know the feeling of being all cooped up.

:) my kids are on a 2 hour delay today, crossing my fingers I don't get the school is cancelled text!

:) my kids are on a 2 hour delay today, crossing my fingers I don't get the school is cancelled text!
Hope that you're still on for school. I was so happy to wait with my kid in the cold for 10 mins. It really wasn't that bad here.

As a teen in 1994 we had a week off of school for the cold. The actual temps were about -20 to -25 with horrid wind chills in the -40s or so range. It was stupid and awful to be off school that long. I am not for closing for temps.

Didn't stop people from bitching up a storm when their "child" in college wasn't given the day off. It was deemed unsafe by their standards. We're in the midwest, grow up and deal with it.