Random Thoughts...

Mustard Dispenser

Filthy Mind Filthy Beard
Sep 30, 2004
65,004
32,035
1,323
51
Uranus
Marklar
₥41,333.46
Marklar
M41,333
Steam
heyfubuddy
This thread shall be for random thoughts and free thinking. I dont mean random dumbassery like "my finger smells liek poo" or "LOL INTERNETS" , I mean some random thought you had , that either made you genuinely LOL or go "what the hell is wrong with me?", but by its self, not worthy of a thread. That said, I shall lead by example:


A coworker walked acrossed in front of my truck this morning before I got out and came into work, and since everyone pretty much hates her, I wondered "If my foot slips off the clutch, and I squish her with my truck, how many "thank you" cards will I get in the mail?"


Your turn.
And if this thread gets too spammy or just stupid, I ask the mods to lock it so my good name is not sullied by an asstastic thread.
Thx.
 

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
47,726
205
41
48
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
I wonder about people driving home from work.

It seems like the majority of people RUSH to get into work in the morning (When they're able, highway stop'n go nonwithstanding), but in the evening it appears that more often than not, the people are lollygagging around on their way home.

Do they NOT want to go home? Do they have a spouse that hates them, a mess of a house, screaming kids? I dunno about anyone else, but I WANT to be home as soon as possible after work.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
69,565
21,818
1,073
Marklar
₥46,624.23
Marklar
M46,624
Steam
mattressfish
What if, after they invent transporters, my stream gets crossed with a dog or something? How will the computers be able to sort out what is me and what is the dog? Will it use some sort of encryption?
 

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
9,957
3,001
523
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
another commute related thought:
as i was walking from my parking garage to work this morning one of those sidewalk vehicles run by the city almost ran me over, and then had the audacity to tell me to get out of the way (i was practically hugging the buildings to begin with, so almost hitting me meant that the tires were almost scraping the buildings too). made me think real hard about "my tax dollars at work". i am SO not voting for the incumbent mayor come election time
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Well, I certainly won't sully your good name *snicker* with asstasticery, but here's my random thought for the day:

I was driving in to work this morning, the roads were just empty.......... I see this car pulling up to the highway from a side street and I think to myself, "that guy's gonna pull out right in front of me" and mind you, NO ONE is behind me. Sure as shit, that asshole pulled out right in front of me- I go from 60 to 25 as fast as possible without hitting him, because as luck would have it, someone's coming the other way and I can't go around him. Grrr........

My thought was this- outside of the regular hand gestures, light flashing, horn honking and cussing I do at people like that, why can't there be some kind of inter-car instant messenger? That to me would be so very helpful, especially in cases like this morning, I could jet a message over their way- "Haaaay tardass, thanks for making me slamming on my brakes and spilling my hot latte on my nuts- those 3rd degree burns are gonna be a bitch!" you know something like that.

Way too complicated to pull something like that off, but that was my random thought this morning.............
 

Mustard Dispenser

Filthy Mind Filthy Beard
Sep 30, 2004
65,004
32,035
1,323
51
Uranus
Marklar
₥41,333.46
Marklar
M41,333
Steam
heyfubuddy
BigDov said:
Well, I certainly won't sully your good name *snicker* with asstasticery, but here's my random thought for the day:

I was driving in to work this morning, the roads were just empty.......... I see this car pulling up to the highway from a side street and I think to myself, "that guy's gonna pull out right in front of me" and mind you, NO ONE is behind me. Sure as shit, that asshole pulled out right in front of me- I go from 60 to 25 as fast as possible without hitting him, because as luck would have it, someone's coming the other way and I can't go around him. Grrr........

My thought was this- outside of the regular hand gestures, light flashing, horn honking and cussing I do at people like that, why can't there be some kind of inter-car instant messenger? That to me would be so very helpful, especially in cases like this morning, I could jet a message over their way- "Haaaay tardass, thanks for making me slamming on my brakes and spilling my hot latte on my nuts- those 3rd degree burns are gonna be a bitch!" you know something like that.

Way too complicated to pull something like that off, but that was my random thought this morning.............



They should make your licence plate and your cell phone numbers the same.
 

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
634
4
16
37
Ohio
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Every morning when I go to work, I go into our back kennels and turn on the lights. Every morning before I turn them on I stop and wonder if there is a spider on the switch.
 

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
9,957
3,001
523
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
BigDov said:
That would certainly help :)
except for the fact that most people don't answer numbers on their phone that they don't know:p we need something more like personal loudspeakers instead of horns on our cars, like we press the horn button and hold it while we yell at the person in front of us.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
F33nX said:
except for the fact that most people don't answer numbers on their phone that they don't know:p we need something more like personal loudspeakers instead of horns on our cars, like we press the horn button and hold it while we yell at the person in front of us.
Oh that's a really good point.

I've often wondered about installing one of those annoying little readerboard things in my back window- you know, the side-scrolling red light thingies?? Pass the dimwit that offended me and display a special message for them :D
 
S

smileynev

Guest
I think cars should have some intercommunication technology based on something like bluetooth. Like, within, say 20 or 30 feet of our car you could talk to someone and they could hear you.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
102,806
37,512
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,053.42
Marklar
M59,053
Pancake Wagon said:
I think cars should have some intercommunication technology based on something like bluetooth. Like, within, say 20 or 30 feet of our car you could talk to someone and they could hear you.
Or install a big mallet to the back of the car so when you push the red button it knocks them a football field away out of the way.

Problem solved.
 
K

Kabn

Guest
BigDov said:
Oh that's a really good point.

I've often wondered about installing one of those annoying little readerboard things in my back window- you know, the side-scrolling red light thingies?? Pass the dimwit that offended me and display a special message for them :D
i've often thought of that as well. i figure you could just use a simple control pad to input the messages, then have call buttons either on the dash or steering wheel (once it gains market acceptance) that brings that message either in your back window or something else.

i've often wanted a specific message to scroll across my trunk to someone behind me. the question would be to make the front one regular or so it can be read in mirrors. . .
Pancake Wagon said:
I think cars should have some intercommunication technology based on something like bluetooth. Like, within, say 20 or 30 feet of our car you could talk to someone and they could hear you.
the bad drivers would just disable them and whine to all their friends that everyone else is a bad driver because they won't let them cut in and out of traffic while putting on makeup/talking on their cell phone.

i keep track of most of my random thoughts via a paper slip in my wallet and plan to write essays on most of them. it's just the whole actually doing it part that's hanging me up.