Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

Listening to "Nada Surf - Popular" right now. I'm on the whole 90s nostalgia train people tend to find themselves on now and again.

I forgot what a fucking banger of an album Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records is, my Chumbas have been hella wamba'd for the past few days. it's honestly a travesty that so many people people only know Tubthumping because it's just fine I guess but it's so meh compared to the rest of their stuff (I feel the same way about Harvey Danger & Flagpole Sitta but I can't say I can trace my earliest taste of leftism to them the same way I can with Chumbawamba lol)

Cover enough one hit wonders and maybe you'll make it big. It's worked for other artists before.
The stars left my eyes 25 years ago.
It's a lucrative side gig. I average around $125 per show, which is usually $300 split 3 ways plus one third of the tip jar.

I'm happy with $40+ per hour after having honed my craft for 40 years. I never have to dip into my dayjob revenue to purchase instruments.

• Gravy
Reactions: Music&Chill
The stars left my eyes 25 years ago.
It's a lucrative side gig. I average around $125 per show, which is usually $300 split 3 ways plus one third of the tip jar.

I'm happy with $40+ per hour after having honed my craft for 40 years. I never have to dip into my dayjob revenue to purchase instruments.
A hobby that makes decent money on the side is an awesome way to spend your time.

Playing music is definitely my vocation. Kayaking used to be my hobby.
I'm still incredibly passionate about playing. I'm probably good enough to be on major tours.
But I'm raising 11 year old twins, and I'm as old as Methusela.
When I was 16 I would have agreed with you but I've realized with time that 55 ain't that old.

I can't see myself having kids any time soon but if/when it happens for me it's definitely going to be life changing. I already know that much.

When I was 16 I would have agreed with you but I've realized with time that 55 ain't that old.

I can't see myself having kids any time soon but if/when it happens for me it's definitely going to be life changing. I already know that much.
There's definitely another factor.
One of my longterm drummers toured with Johnny Winter for most of the 1970s.
When asked he always gives the same stock answer.
"It almost killed me".
Some of the girl groups tour correctly, in big motorhomes cooking organic stir-fry and bringing their families.
This is why I'm in favor of a world coup de tat to redact all male leaders and substitute females as presidents and prime ministers.
More stir fry, less war and chaos.

• Gravy
Reactions: Music&Chill