Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

FBKer bass players take note

He has a piece of paper under a string on his nut that the slot was cut too low on. Even pros have to do quick fixes.

PShe was in The Firm with Jimmy Page and Paul Rodgers.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I don’t know why I’m not a bigger fan of Paul Rodgers. He’s got a great voice. But for some reason, I don’t dig him.

That drummer was also in AC/DC for a time, and Jimmy was fairly clean during some of the years The Firm was actually productive.

AND

Jack Bruce was probably the main rock guy to use a fretless bass in rock music, but most of Bad Company’s stuff by Boz Burrell was also a fretless. And he barely knew how to play bass before Fripp made him in King Crimson.

Tony Franklin is the fuckin bomb. If I could go back to 2010 or so (when I got back into music), I’d definitely get a fretless and make myself learn ion that first. Unlined, of course. I had an unlined USA fretless G&L L2000 and it was killer.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Pioneers.
These guys didn’t have blueprints to go by. They had to create. Look what they did! Those who are bold, innovate. And rock. Those who just want to eat, they sample shit and talk over it. Boo

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
If you go to YouTube and read the comments, you’ll see that people actually appreciate how awesome those guys were/are. Oldest guy was 25? Bonham was 20? WTF!?!

It’s nice to see these youngsters carrying the metal cauldron on without being prodded into by their dads, like the Van Fleet boys are, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

KISS was talking about sending out recreations of the,selves at one point and at first I thought, how cheesy is that? but now I think it’s a good idea. But maybe a different band. KISS was great in concert though, I’ll admit that. You’d have to see them in 1976-77 to get it.